11 And she vowed a vow, and said, O Lord of host, if thou

wilt indeed look on the affliction of handmaid, and remember

me, and not forget thine handmaid, but wilt give unto thine

handmaid a man child, then I will give him unto the Lord

all the days of is life, and there shall no razor come upon his

head. 12 And it came to pass, as she continued praying before

the Lord, that Eli marked her mouth. 13 Now Hannah, she spake

in her heart; only her lips moved, but her voice was not heard:

therefore Eli thought she had been drunken.

(1 Samuel 1:18-20)

18 And she said, Let thine handmaid find grace in thy

sight. So the women went her way, and did eat, and her

countenance was no more sad. 19 And they rose up in the

morning early, and worshipped before the Lord, and returned,

and came to their house to Ramah: and Elkanah knew

Hannah his wife; and the Lord remembered her. 20

Wherefore it came to pass, when the time was come about

after Hannah had conceived, that she bare a son, and called

his name Samuel, saying, Because I have asked him of the Lord.

Hannah desired a child so bad that she was willing to give him back to the Lord if the Lord would grant her a man child. Out of desperation for a child she cried unto the Lord and the Lord heard her cry. Do you see how much the Lord cares, even for our desires? The very thing that we desire in this life time the Lord cares for. In verse 18 the Bible say's that Hannah's countenance was no longer sad. This clearly shows that she trusted the Lord would answer her prayer and bring forth her desire. We don't know how long Hannah had to wait for God to answer her prayer but in verse 20 the Bible say's, "when the time was come", this speaks of God's timing and not our timing. No matter what you are believing for today, if it's child or anything else, remember Jesus hears your prayer and sees your tears. In due season you will see that desire answered as long as it is according to God's will. Maybe you asking, "How do I know that the Lord wants me to have children?" I want you to understand something, the Lord Himself shut up the womb of Hannah (1 Samuel 1:5), but because Hannah desired to have a child the Lord had mercy on her. It is the same today; Jesus wants our desires fulfilled to the fullness. But there is one thing you need to know, for every dream and desire fulfilled there will be a price. Hannah had to give that child to the Lord. I don't know your situation but there is always a price for God's best in life. Satan will fight that desire with all his power so that it won't come to past. You will have to be determined to fight until you see that dream come to pass no matter what. Yes, the Lord will bring that desire to pass but before you see your desire there will be a battle. That's why you will have to make the decision that you are going to fight and believe until this desire comes. That will mean shutting some voices out around you. Because not everyone is going to believe with you; you will have to surround yourself with people who will believe with you and stay away from those who will not believe. That means some of those friends that you thought that would stick with you only to find out that they don't believe like you. Even though they're your friends doesn't mean you allow their unbelief fill your ears. In times of battle, when you're waiting for God's promises you have to be very careful who you allow around you. Because you will struggling enough with your own thoughts of disbelief, you don't need any help in this area of disbelief. So even if you have to be a little lonely at times it's better then having people tell you that you will never see your desire come to pass. With all that said, I want to be the first to encourage you to keep believing for what ever it is that you desire. Remember, one way to know for sure that it is God's will for you to have this desire is to study the Bible and see if He did it for anyone else through His word. If you find just one story where He did it for someone else, He will do it for you, for He is no respecter of persons. You will always be safe by sticking to the precious word of God.

Jason Powers Author and Bible Teacher was given his God ordained calling in the summer of 1997. Today, Jason has his own ministry as a Bible Teacher and Writer. Jason's heart is to reach out to souls and to encourage others not to give up believing for their miracle.

http://www.jasonpowers.org

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com-CHRISTIAN WRITERS-MAKE A WEBSITE

goldentree
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Warning :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top