Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barber God

Go down

Barber God Empty Barber God

Post  Waqar Daniel Mon 15 Jun 2009, 5:57 pm

All those who do not know about this discussion, here is little intro to it. We had a muslim friend visiting and pointed out few characteristics of God Almighty in the Bible. I was asked by members to explain these passages. I will explain them one by one. If anyone would like to join in, would be much appreciated.

Barber God
" In the same day shall the Lord shave with a razor that is hired, namely, by them beyond the river, by the king of Assyria, the head, and the hair of the feet: and it shall also consume the beard." (Isaiah 7:20)
To this verse he commented Is this what God does?? He is going to shave people's legs,beard and head with the hired razor. He hasn't even got one of his own. Is this the work of God?

God when spoke through His people (prophets and messengers), He used human language to make humans understand His commands and warnings. Therefore, if Bible is the Word of God, then it must speak human language for it is Word of God to Humans and not to God Himself.

Secondly, God used a phrase that He would use King of Assyria to bring utter disgrace. Let us see how this phrase works in the Bible
They have gone up to the temple and to Dibon, even to the high places to weep. Moab wails over Nebo and Medeba; Everyone's head is bald and every beard is cut off. (Isaiah 15:2)
This shows utter disgrace and distress.

Over the years, I have found the critics of the Bible fail in disapproving it. So what they do is that they come up with titles that would put a doubt in the minds of people. Under that title, they put a verse of the Bible to show, how wrong it is.

Definition of Phrase
noun

1. A sequence of words intended to have meaning.
1. A characteristic way or mode of expression.
2. A brief, apt, and cogent expression.
3. A word or group of words read or spoken as a unit and separated by pauses or other junctures.
4. Grammar Two or more words in sequence that form a syntactic unit that is less than a complete sentence.
5. Music A short passage or segment, often consisting of four measures or forming part of a larger unit.
6. A series of dance movements forming a unit in a choreographic pattern.

Source: Dictionary.com
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Warning : Barber God 110