Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Great Divine Connection

Go down

divine direction - The Great Divine Connection Empty The Great Divine Connection

Post  Fenny West Thu 20 Aug 2009, 6:34 pm

Knowing God,
Who do you know?
It’s not what you know but who you know.

You cannot know God by your efforts you have to open your heart to Him
Jer:24:7: And I will give them an heart to know me, that I am the LORD: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God: for they shall return unto me with their whole heart.

The first step to knowing Him is to be born again
Joh:3:3: Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Joh:3:7: Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
Ro:5:1: Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

If you boast of any knowledge, let it be that of knowing God

Jer:9:24: But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.
Joh:1:26: John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not;
Joh:8:19: Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.

The cross reveals Jesus
Joh:8:28: Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

If you know Him you have known the truth
Joh:8:32: And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

If you know Him you will obey Him
Joh:8:55: Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.

There is nothing like knowing Him
Ph'p:3:8: Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
Ro.11:33 Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!

To know him, you must crave to know Him
Ph'p:3:10: That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
We know him by faith
Ga:3:7: Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

For you to know Him He has to open the eyes of your heart
Eph:1:9: Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
Eph:1:17: That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
Eph:1:18: The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

Knowing him is progressive
Col:1:9: For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;
Col:1:27: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
2Th:1:3: We are bound to thank God always for you, brethren, as it is meet, because that your faith groweth exceedingly, and the charity of every one of you all toward each other aboundeth;
Eph:2:21: In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
Eph:4:15: But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
2Pe:3:18: But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

Your conduct reveals whether you know him or not
Ti:1:16: They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

As you acknowledge what he has done in you get to know him better

Heb:8:11: And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

Benefits of knowing Him
Grace and peace are multiplied to us
2Pe:1:2: Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

We realise all that pertain to life and godliness
2Pe:1:3: According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
God fights for you

Ex 14:14The LORD will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace.”
And He took off their chariot wheels, so that they drove them with difficulty; and the Egyptians said, “Let us flee from the face of Israel, for the LORD fights for them against the Egyptians.”

Ex 17: 9 And Moses said to Joshua, “Choose us some men and go out, fight with Amalek. Tomorrow I will stand on the top of the hill with the rod of God in my hand.”
Deut 1:30 The LORD your God, who goes before you, He will fight for you, according to all He did for you in Egypt before your eyes,
Deut3:22You must not fear them, for the LORD your God Himself fights for you.
Deut20:4 for the LORD your God is He who goes with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you.’
Josh23:10 One man of you shall chase a thousand, for the LORD your God is He who fights for you, as He promised you.
15 And he said, “Listen, all you of Judah and you inhabitants of Jerusalem, and you, King Jehoshaphat! Thus says the LORD to you: ‘Do not be afraid nor dismayed because of this great multitude, for the battle is not yours, but God’s.

God fought for Judah

2Chr2021 And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed those who should sing to the LORD, and who should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army and were saying:

“Praise the LORD,
For His mercy endures forever.”
22 Now when they began to sing and to praise, the LORD set ambushes against the people of Ammon, Moab, and Mount Seir, who had come against Judah; and they were defeated. 23 For the people of Ammon and Moab stood up against the inhabitants of Mount Seir to utterly kill and destroy them. And when they had made an end of the inhabitants of Seir, they helped to destroy one another.
24 So when Judah came to a place overlooking the wilderness, they looked toward the multitude; and there were their dead bodies, fallen on the earth. No one had escaped.
25 When Jehoshaphat and his people came to take away their spoil, they found among them an abundance of valuables on the dead bodies, and precious jewelry, which they stripped off for themselves, more than they could carry away; and they were three days gathering the spoil because there was so much.
1Sam17 Goliath was defeated because God was with David and God fought for Israel.

God fought for Abraham
2 Now Abraham said of Sarah his wife, “She is my sister.” And Abimelech king of Gerar sent and took Sarah.
3 But God came to Abimelech in a dream by night, and said to him, “Indeed you are a dead man because of the woman whom you have taken, for she is a man’s wife.”
4 But Abimelech had not come near her; and he said, “Lord, will You slay a righteous nation also?
He shows us how to know Him more-fruitfulness follows
2Pe:1:5: And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
2Pe:1:6: And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
2Pe:1:8: For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
We become children of God
Joh:1:12: But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Ro:8:16: The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
Ro:8:17: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

We have eternal life
Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

God expresses his love to you
Continue your love to those who know you, your righteousness to the upright in heart.Ps36:10

We are forgiven
11 For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
so great is his love for those who fear him;
12 as far as the east is from the west,
so far has he removed our transgressions from us.
You are accepted
6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.eph.1:6
You are blessed
3Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. Eph.1:3
You have authority in haven and on earth
12 Then Joshua spoke to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel:

“Sun, stand still over Gibeon;
And Moon, in the Valley of Aijalon.”
13 So the sun stood still,
And the moon stopped,
Till the people had revenge
Upon their enemies.
Is this not written in the Book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and did not hasten to go down for about a whole day. 14 And there has been no day like that, before it or after it, that the LORD heeded the voice of a man; for the LORD fought for Israel.
Ex. 9:3 And Moses stretched out his rod toward heaven; and the LORD sent thunder and hail, and fire darted to the ground. And the LORD rained hail on the land of Egypt.

You are set apart
Acts20:32 “So now, brethren, I commend you to God and to the word of His grace, which is able to build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified.
Acts 26:18 to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.’

You become the temple of the Holy Spirit
Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?

You’re no longer condemned
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,[a] who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. Rom.8:1
It is possible to know about Him and not know Him
You can serve him without knowing Him, be a priest without knowing Him
John Wesley did for a long time before some members of His congregation went somewhere and were born again. He searched the scriptures and God opened his eyes to his need to be born again.
Going to church does not give you an automatic knowledge of Him. You may get a head knowledge which is different from a heart knowledge.
Ac:10:30: And Cornelius said, Four days ago I was fasting until this hour; and at the ninth hour I prayed in my house, and, behold, a man stood before me in bright clothing,

How to know him
By reading about him,
as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby,
Joh:4:24: God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
Joh:8:32: And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
Joh:14:6: Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Joh:14:17: Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
Joh:16:13: Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
Meditate on His word

Jos:1:8: This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
Psalms:1:2: But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
Psalms:63:6: When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.
Psalms:77:12: I will meditate also of all thy work, and talk of thy doings.
Psalms:119:15: I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways.

Come and Confessing your sin,
Joh:6:37: All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
Accepting Him as Lord
Ro:10:9: That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Ro:10:10: For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
1Jo:1:9: If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1Jo:4:2: Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
Proverb:28:13: He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

By spending time with Him daily
Lu:10:39: And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word.
Lu:10:42: But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.
By meeting with his people
Heb:10:25: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
Ac:3:1: Now Peter and John went up together into the temple at the hour of prayer, being the ninth hour.
Ac:2:44: And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
Ac:2:47: Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.
By talking to him
Jer:33:3: Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.
Psalms:4:3: But know that the LORD hath set apart him that is godly for himself: the LORD will hear when I call unto him.
Psalms:50:15: And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.
Psalms:55:16: As for me, I will call upon God; and the LORD shall save me.
Psalms:91:15: He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
Expressing your love to Him, renewing it
Re:2:4: Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.
Fenny West
Fenny West
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 1091
Profession : Writer/Teacher/singer/composer
Hobbies : Music
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2007-09-10
Country : divine direction - The Great Divine Connection RedCross-1

Warning : divine direction - The Great Divine Connection 110