Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should husband walk out?

3 posters

Go down

Should husband walk out? Empty Should husband walk out?

Post  Sban Sun 09 Oct 2011, 4:04 am

My husband just accepted Jesus into his heart about 3 months ago. (in prison) After coming home he has been pressuring me to read my bible all the time and now he is saying he is leaving us because I do not discipline my child (though another marriage) correctly ( she is only 6 ) and I am not trying to follow Jesus!?!?! I have been nothing but supportive of him in his walk and I am trying to recommit my life to Christ as well but I feel like he is giving me an ultimatum that if I dont worship as much as him then I am not doing it right...please help me. I am the only one working at this time..rasing 2 kids so finding time to do it like him is hard. Some words of wiser ones would be nice:) thanks
Sban
Sban
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 3
Marital Status : Divorcee
Registration date : 2011-10-09

Warning : Should husband walk out? 110

Back to top Go down

Should husband walk out? Empty Re: Should husband walk out?

Post  Sban Sun 09 Oct 2011, 4:05 am

He also says that we test him to much so that is another reason he is walking out on us. The devil is getting at him through us? were his words exactly
Sban
Sban
Christian Talk Member

Female

Number of posts : 3
Marital Status : Divorcee
Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Waqar Daniel Sun 09 Oct 2011, 6:01 am

Thank you for joining CHRISTIAN TALK and thank you for posting your question. You have to remember few things here. If we take one step towards Jesus, at the same time satan takes million steps to stop us by putting various hurdles. Second thing is that we need to pray and get stronger spiritually. Third, is that when people accept Jesus as their LORD and Savior, in zeal they overdo things that are against the Word of God. They actually go beyond what is written:
1 Corinthians 4:6 “I have applied these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, brothers, that you may learn by us not to go beyond what is written…”
However, I would request that if your husband reads the Bible, you need to ask him to read the following verses:
  1. "Love your wife as Christ loved the Church."(Ephesians 5:25)

2. "Love your wife in the same way you love your body and your life."(Ephesians 5:28-33)

3. "Be considerate as you live with your wife, with respect ..."(I Peter 3:7)

4. "Do not be harsh with your wife."(Colossians 3:19)

5. "The husband's body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife."(I Corinthians 7:3-5)

6. "Rejoice in your wife all your life. Let her breasts satisfy you. Be captivated with her."(Proverbs 5:18-19)

7. "Do not be captivated by other women."(Proverbs 5:20)

8. "Call your wife 'blessed' and praise her."(Proverbs 31:28-29)

9. "Tell your wife how captivated you are with her body."(Song of Solomon 4:7; 7:1-8)

10. "Honor your marriage; keep it pure by remaining true to your wife in every way."(Hebrews 13:4)

11. "Be thankful for your wife and realize the favor you have received from God."(Proverbs 18:22)

12. "Be one flesh with your wife in every way."(Matthew 19:5)
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Should husband walk out? Empty A HAPPY MARRIAGE

Post  ChristianLady Sun 09 Oct 2011, 6:25 am

When a Christian man selects a Christian woman to become his wife, she becomes the perfect compliment for him. She is exactly what is needed to make the man a complete and whole person. The two become one: "For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh" (Eph. 5:31). This was the plan and the intention of God from the very beginning.

What a joyous and fulfilling experience it is when we do things in God's way and according to His eternal plan! A Christian marriage should last until death - one husband, one wife, for life. The Bible says, “The woman who has a husband is bound by the law to her husband as long as he lives” (Rom. 7:2; cf. Rom. 2:11). Whether the days together are few or many, words cannot really describe the happiness and fulfillment enjoyed by both partners from this God ordained relationship. There is no such thing as "married singles" to be found in the Bible. A Christian husband and wife are one in thought, activity, and purpose.

In 1 Corinthians 11:3 we read: "But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God." God's chain of authority for the home is as follows: God, Christ, the husband, the wife, and then the children. The husband should be the dominant figure in the family. Of course, it is impossible for the husband to be the dominant one if the wife does not allow him to be, and will not submit to his authority. It is not degrading, in any sense of the word, for a woman to submit to the authority of her husband. Instead of being degrading, it is ennobling and elevates a woman to a higher plane than she has ever enjoyed before! Ephesians 5:23 says: "For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and He is the savior of the body."

A Christian husband should be the leader without being a dictator. He is to be the head of his wife as Christ is the head of the church. Jesus is not an uncaring tyrant over the church. He is the Savior, protector, and supporter of His precious bride! This is the way every wise Christian husband properly leads in the home. He leads by love, understanding, and example. The more a husband learns to do this, the better leader he will be. The entire family will gladly and willingly follow his leadership and obey his directives, with very few exceptions.

On the other hand, when a husband continually forces his wife to do his will or follow his whims and fancies; he denies her the privilege of making her own choice. This is not biblical, practical, or even humane.

Read more A CHRISTIAN HUSBAND
ChristianLady
ChristianLady
Christian Talk Member

Female

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Back to top Go down

Should husband walk out? Empty What Every Wife Needs to Know

Post  Waqar Daniel Sun 09 Oct 2011, 6:36 am

What as Wife you need to know
"Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house. And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word. But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me. And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things: But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her" (Luke 10:38-42)
The LORD and Savior Jesus Christ wants both areas balanced in our lives, so let us remember not to be so "heavenly minded" that we are no "earthly good." And on the other hand, let's not get so earthbound that we miss the beauty of the Spirit.
to live wisely and be pure, to work in their homes, to do good, and to be submissive to their husbands. Then they will not bring shame on the word of God. (Titus 2:5)
Wives are expected to help create an atmosphere of love in the home, their primary responsibility is introduced in the next verse, where they are exhorted to be obedient to their own husbands. Obedience involves subjection and subordination. The word is used of the wife’s responsibility to her husband no less than six times in the New Testament.
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down