Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spurgeon's Sparks

Go down

Spurgeon's Sparks  Empty Spurgeon's Sparks

Post  fennywest Wed 29 Feb 2012, 12:46 am

Under 'Spurgeon Sparks' I shall be posting quotations on various themes by the Prince of Preachers, Charles Haddon Spurgeon.

I hope you are blessed as you read.

The Constancy of God
My unmoving mansion of rest is my blessed Lord. Let prospects be blighted; let hopes be blasted; let joy be withered; let mildews destroy everything; I have lost nothing of what I have in God. He is "my strong habitation whereunto I can continually resort." I am a pilgrim in the world, but at home in my God. In the earth I wander, but in God I dwell in a quiet habitation.

C.H. Spurgeon

God:Unlimited Source

Psalm 62:5
My expectation is from Him.

It is the believer's privilege to use this language. If he is looking for aught from the world, it is a poor "expectation" indeed. But if he looks to God for the supply of his wants, whether in temporal or spiritual blessings, his expectation" will not be a vain one. Constantly he may draw from the bank of faith, and get his need supplied out of the riches of God's lovingkindness. This I know, I had rather have God for my banker than all the Rothschilds.

C.H. Spurgeon

Faith

How sweet amidst all the uncertainties of life, to know that "the foundation of the Lord standeth sure," and to have God's own promise, "My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips." Like dying David, I will sing of this, even though my house be not so with God as my heart desireth.
2 Samuel 23:5
Yet He hath made with me an everlasting covenant

“Faith standeth in God's power, and is robed in God's majesty; it weareth the royal apparel, and rideth on the King's horse, for it is the grace which the King delighteth to honour.”
Mark 9:23
Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe

“It is a most blessed thing to have no props and no buttresses, but to stand upright on the Rock of Ages, upheld by the Lord alone”

For I was ashamed to require of the king a band of soldiers and horsemen to help us against the enemy in the way: because we had spoken unto the king, saying, The hand of our God is upon all them for good that seek Him; but His power and His wrath is against all them that forsake Him."—Ezra 8:22.

Constant Unchanging Covenant

How sweet amidst all the uncertainties of life, to know that "the foundation of the Lord standeth sure," and to have God's own promise, "My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips." Like dying David, I will sing of this, even though my house be not so with God as my heart desireth.”.

“ No man can make a song in the night of himself; he may attempt it, but he will find that a song in the night must be divinely inspired.”

God, my Maker, who giveth songs in the night."—Job 35:10

C.H Spurgeon
fennywest
fennywest
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : Amused
Male

Number of posts : 1725
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2009-10-19

Warning : Spurgeon's Sparks  110

http://www.inspiration4generations.com