Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Praying Through God's Word: 2 Timothy

Go down

Praying Through God's Word: 2 Timothy Empty Praying Through God's Word: 2 Timothy

Post  charlescameron Mon 03 Feb 2014, 4:38 pm

2 Timothy 1:1-2:7

Lord, we're not to keep Your Word to ourselves. You've given us the "Gospel." Help us to share it with "faithful" people who will "pass it on to others" (2 Timothy 1:11,13 & 2:2).

2 Timothy 2:8-3:9

Help us, Lord, to "remember Jesus Christ, risen from the dead" (2 Timothy 2:8). Jesus is the living Lord. Help us never to forget this. When we're tempted to forget Him, help us to remember why He died. "He died that we might be forgiven. He died to make us good, that we might go at last to heaven, saved by His precious blood."When we're tempted to forget Him, help us to remember that He's alive today - and He lives in us. Help us to say, in our hearts, "I must decrease. Christ in me must increase" (John 3:30).

2 Timothy 3:10-4:22

We thank You, Lord, for "the Holy Scriptures which are able to make us wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus" (2 Timothy 3:15). Help us to "preach the Word" in the power of "the Holy Spirit" (2 Timothy 4:2 & 1 Peter 1:12) - and help us to remember this: When all our words have been spoken, Your Word remains "the living and abiding Word of God" (1 Peter 1:23). When all our words have been spoken, the ministry of the Holy Spirit continues. Through His ongoing ministry, Your Word is "written" in the "hearts" of those who have heard the Word preached (2 Corinthians 3:3). Thank You, Lord, for the Holy Scriptures - and the Holy Spirit.
charlescameron
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 33
Profession : Church of Scotland Minister
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-10-22

Warning : Praying Through God's Word: 2 Timothy 110

http://christinallscripture.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down