Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adam and Eve: Played the Blame Game

4 posters

Go down

blame game - Adam and Eve: Played the Blame Game Empty Adam and Eve: Played the Blame Game

Post  Waqar Daniel Sun 17 Feb 2008, 6:29 pm

Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from? The man (Adam) said, "The woman (Eve) You put here with me - she gave some fruit from the tree, and I ate it." (Genesis 3:11-12)

Whom did Adam blame for his sin?

Adam blamed LORD God for his fall as he said ,"The woman You put here". Adam never accepted his mistake but went on with the blame game. Not I but You. Note, that instead of confessing his sin, he put the blame on LORD God, so that he may escape the punishment.

Then the LORD God said to the woman, "What is this you have done? The woman (Eve) said, "The serpent deceived me and I ate." (Genesis 3:13)

Whom did Eve blame for her sin?

Eve found serpent to be the culprit and found nothing wrong in her action like Adam. She never seeked God's forgiveness in her action.

The Blame Game

Adam, why did you transgressed My command? Not me LORD but it is the woman who sinned, and because you put her here, I also sinned. Eve, what have you done? Not me LORD, for it was the serpent who deceived me. Does this Blame Game work? Absolutely not, for

When the woman (Eve) saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave to her husband (Adam), who was with her, and he ate it. (Genesis 3:6)

Generally speaking, when we go wrong, we like to hold others responsible for our sins. God simply wants us to confess and repent from our sins. He is same, merciful, kind and loving but Adam and Eve forgot this and were too busy putting blame on others and never accepted that they transgressed in their actions.

The story of Adam and Eve is repeated in our lives on daily basis. Generally, we hold God responsible for our transgressions and sometimes we put blame on satan. Satan will get his reward for misleading us, for God knows what satan is up to and that is why, in the whole story of Adam and Eve, LORD God never question the serpent - WHY. If we try to cover our sins by playing the Blame Game, we will surely be cut off from the presence of God, like Adam and Eve, for no one in heavens and earth can hide from the eyes of LORD God.

Satan will always tempt us to sin with deception showing sin as desirable, pleasing and logical. If we fall into satan's trap, then we cannot blame satan. For he did what he had to do and we did what our heart's desire was.

When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desires, he is dragged away and enticed. Then after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death. (James 1:13-15)

When we are faced with sickness and disease or with some financial problems, our first step is to blame God; Why me God?. We must look into our lives to see, where we went wrong and why this happened? But there is one thing and that is EGO. For we do not want to reflect on our lives and blame ourselves, so why not to put blame on others and specially on God.

Last edited by Waqar Daniel on Mon 31 Aug 2009, 12:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25
Country : blame game - Adam and Eve: Played the Blame Game RedCross-1

Warning : blame game - Adam and Eve: Played the Blame Game 110

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

blame game - Adam and Eve: Played the Blame Game Empty Re: Adam and Eve: Played the Blame Game

Post  gil Mon 18 Feb 2008, 3:17 pm

Thank you dad for this beautiful message and I have always learnt a lot form you. I am using this principle of staying away from the blame game as I used and loved to play it a lot and have lost many things in my life. This not only hurts you but you hurt others also. Confession of sins is very important in our wordly ans spiritual lives because this makes us aware of our sin. Once we are aware of our sins, then we have this guilt feeling when we sin again.

God bless
gil
gil
Christian Talk Member

Female

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Back to top Go down

blame game - Adam and Eve: Played the Blame Game Empty Re: Adam and Eve: Played the Blame Game

Post  LivinginChrist Thu 21 Feb 2008, 3:14 pm

Sorry missed this one, it is wonderful article that really shows our reflections as humans. Reading the article made me think how, selfish we become sometimes when try to hide our sins or mistakes.

In Christ
LivinginChrist
LivinginChrist
Christian Talk Member

Male

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  saved Thu 21 Feb 2008, 3:17 pm

Me 2 sorry for not readin it. It is so true that we blame others but the question is can we blame satan and others to lead us astray. How good judge is our God.
God bless
saved
saved
Christian Talk Member

Male

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2007-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down