Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resurrection of Jesus Christ

2 posters

Go down

Resurrection of Jesus Christ Empty Resurrection of Jesus Christ

Post  Waqar Daniel Fri 19 Mar 2010, 7:21 pm

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead... (1 Peter 1:3)
Many people ask, what proof do we have that Jesus was resurrected and the whole story of resurrection is not a legend spread by the early Christians to silent people about the claim Jesus made in His life on earth.

I believe that Jesus' resurrection from the dead is actually more plausible than any other explanation. Let us examine the evidence:

1. Jesus' body was missing. If the Jews could have found it, they could have stilled the preaching of Jesus' resurrection that filled Jerusalem. But they could not.

2. The body wasn't stolen. The Romans had no motive. The Jews had no motive. Ah-ha, you say, the disciples stole it. There is the matter of the Roman guards, and the disciples' initial disbelief when the women brought them the news early that Easter morning. This brings me to my third point.

3. If the disciples had stolen the body, you wouldn't expect them to risk their lives. People don't die for what they know is not true. But the disciples put their lives on the line, and nearly all were eventually martyred for their faith. They certainly believed it.

4. The church mushroomed size in Jerusalem, the very place he was crucified. Followers of Jesus in the city of Jerusalem grew from a few dozen to thousands upon thousands soon after Jesus' resurrection. They believed it was true.

5. Contemporary documents refer to the event. Thallus the Samaritan, Suetonius, Tacitus, Pliny contain references to Jesus. Jewish historian Josephus writes about Jesus' crucifixion and resurrection. They knew something had happened.

Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Warning : Resurrection of Jesus Christ 110

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Resurrection of Jesus Christ Empty Re: Resurrection of Jesus Christ

Post  HisNameIsJohn Tue 01 Dec 2015, 10:32 pm

This topic was begun on the first anniversary of the passing of the second king (of the three in Daniel 11:2) of Persia whose visitation by God to a point of incoherency on February 12, 2009 A.D. marked the beginning of the reckoning of the 16th century prophecy of Centuries IV:95.
HisNameIsJohn
HisNameIsJohn
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 6
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2015-06-18

Warning : Resurrection of Jesus Christ Serwar10

Back to top Go down