Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to overcome Habitual Sin?

2 posters

Go down

How to overcome Habitual Sin? Empty How to overcome Habitual Sin?

Post  Waqar Daniel Thu 21 Feb 2008, 3:42 pm

For the Grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say "NO" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, while we wait for the blessed hope - the glorious appearing of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for Himself a people that are His very own, eager to do what is good. (Titus 2:11-14)

Constantly living in sin demands us to sin more and more for sin demands keep increasing, and yet its benefits are only short-term. Eventually, we experience emptiness instead of satisfaction, pain in place of comfort, and loss rather than gain. Habitual sin splits our mind and emotions. Then we spend less time meeting our responsibilities and more time satisfying cravings. Our care and concern for others diminishes too. Over time, feelings of guilt and entrapment can take their toll and lead to a desire to self-destruct.

Faith in Jesus sets us free from sin's domination. Through the Holy Spirit, we have the power to say "NO" to the habits that control us. The road to freedom starts with confession, followed by an admission that we cannot stop on our own. Committing to follow God's direction is next. The struggle may be fierce, but in Jesus, the victory is assured But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our LORD Jesus Christ. (1 Corinthians 15:57)

God bless you all
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Warning : How to overcome Habitual Sin? 110

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

How to overcome Habitual Sin? Empty Re: How to overcome Habitual Sin?

Post  forhisglory Fri 22 Feb 2008, 6:52 am

Thank you Daniel, we need this kind of preaching in the days we are living, for the end is nearer than we think. I like to stress this over and over, God wants us Holy without spot or wrinkle, and what do we do, we just brush it off as if he did not talk. I was reading Jeremiah 5 1. Go up and dawn through the streets of Jerusalem, and see now, and know, and seek in the broad places thereof, if ye can find a man, if there be any that executes judgment, that seeks the truth; and I will pardon it. And though they say, The Lord lives (Which mean the Lord is alive in our lives) surely they swear falsely. O Lord, are not your eyes upon the truth? You have stricken them, but they have not grieved; you have consumed them, but they have refused to receive correction: they have made their faces harder than a rock; they have refused to return. You will say but this is the Old Testament! Did God change no! Now to justify your sin you will say; Oh well it is talking to Israel, are we not Spiritual Israel? Have we not been grafted into the tree? Romans 11:16-17 if the first piece of bread is holy, then all of it is holy? And, if the root is holy, the branches are holy, too. Yes, some of the branches were broken off. You non-Jews are like part of a wild olive tree which has been grafted in among the natural olive branches. You are sharing in the sap of the root of the olive tree. Don't brag! You are not more important than the natural branches. If you brag, you are not holding up the root. The root is holding you up! You might say this: ``But the natural branches were broken off, so that I could be grafted in!'' True, they were broken off, but it was because they did not believe. But you keep your position by faith. Don't think you are more special. Instead, fear! Since God did not keep the natural branches, He may not spare you, either! So, look at how kind God is and how harsh God is! He was harsh to those who fell, but He is kind to you--if you stay in His kindness. If you don't, you will be cut off. (We have all the blessings given to the Jews and we may also get all the curses so walk the narrow way. Today Israel is as Westernized as America there is no Holiness in Israel in the same book of Jeremiah God tells Jeremiah to go up and dawn the streets of Jerusalem and see if you can find one who does what is right. If you can find one person I will spare the city. But Jeremiah found none Jeremiah 6:13-14 “Because from the least of them even to the greatest of them, everyone is given to covetousness; and from the prophet even to the priest, everyone deals falsely.

14. They have also healed the hurt of my people slightly, saying, `Peace, peace!' When there is no peace. Here is a good example of preacher teaching falsely to the congregation saying go in peace Live like you want Just be back next Sunday. And don’t forget to pay your tides. While the people are staving to be Holy but most not all will say God loves you go in peace. NO, NO, and NO! God wants you to obey Him, for obedience is better than sacrifice. So next time you hear a still small voice say to you this is the way walk in it, obey. To the preachers I say this is what God has to say to you. Ezekiel 34:7-10 {`Therefore, you shepherds, hear the word of the Lord: "as I live,'' says the Lord God, "surely because My flock became a prey, and My flock became food for every beast of the field, because there was no shepherd, nor did My shepherds search for My flock, but the shepherds fed themselves and did not feed My flock'' `Therefore, O shepherds, hear the word of the Lord! `Thus says the Lord God: "Behold, I am against the shepherds, and I will require My flock at their hand; I will cause them to cease feeding the sheep, and the shepherds shall feed themselves no more; for I will deliver My flock from their mouths, that they may no longer be food for them.''} God told me to get ride of my video games, I was addicted to all kinds of roll playing games and I did not want to give them up for Him. I would play for 10 hrs. some times in a day. I wish they were about the Bible and have bible verses, because by now I would have known the whole word of God. I had a lot of money invested in those games. I had all the final fantasies and other roll playing games. And God ask me to burn them, well I said God did not speak, but everyday He would make me feel guilty until kicking and screaming I burn all my games. These games had magic spells Genies and all kinds of evil stuff. I thought what is wrong; I can leave them there and not play them, but God was not letting go, until I obeyed. I started to search for Him, and learn of Him, and what pleases Him. So for me I do not need all the riches of this world, or what Hollywood has to offer. When I gave that up I know what it is to worship Him, from my gut not only my mouth. I feel like Daniel has said to me, The Lord has been so kind to me. And He put the fire that never goes out inside of me. Lets think about this, for what can a man give up for Him that will ever mach His giving, nothing! I still feel humble and in need of a Savior. I do not feel superior to anybody else, I just wish every Christian will go all the way for God, this way they will see the difference God makes in your life, and you would not miss anything this world has to offer. I am free to watch TV or movies but at this time He comes first in my life. Hollywood is a sin to me. And to God also, weather you like to hear it or not. When you rent a movie that is offensive to God you have committed adultery and pay for that which insults God. Now say what you want about me or what a holy roller I am; I am not here to please you, the one that is so shock, but to please God. Be careful a little leaven leavens the whole lump. You will not loose your salvation but you sure won’t enjoy his blessings either if you watch that Hollywood filth. I love you all give it all to Jesus. And remember I am not holier than anybody here. forhisglory

I love you
forhisglory
forhisglory
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Warning : How to overcome Habitual Sin? 110

Back to top Go down