Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DONT MAKE EXCUSES

Go down

DONT MAKE EXCUSES Empty DONT MAKE EXCUSES

Post  baby_blue4u Wed 16 Apr 2008, 10:44 am

Do you make excuses for your position in life? Where you are is the result of the decisions you have made up to this point. God has an assignment for each of us to fulfill while we are on this earth, but many times we allow excuses to thwart His plan for our lives. We pretend we aren’t hearing from God when we know God is speaking to us. We use our weaknesses and inadequacies to keep us from stepping out on things that will take us to our next level. Sometimes, the reason we remain stuck is plain old laziness! Getting the excuses out of your life is a critical step in the process of change.

Our heavenly Father wants to do some phenomenal things in our lives, but many times we delay our breakthroughs by making excuses. An excuse is basically a way to remove yourself from the path of blame. It is the reason why people remain average.

Excuses are often fear-based. Many times we make excuses simply because we believe we won’t be able to accomplish the task ahead of us. Our confidence is low and we haven’t fully decided to trust God.

The story of Moses is a good example of this. In Exodus 3:10-12, God told Moses of His plan to free the Israelites from slavery in Egypt. He gave him an assignment—to deliver His people from the hands of a harsh Pharaoh. In essence, Moses answered, “Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?” He gave excuses as to why he wasn’t up for the task, and cited his inability to speak eloquently. His personal feelings of inadequacy almost stopped him from obeying God.

How many times has God spoken to our hearts, given us assignments, and we’ve made excuses as to why we couldn’t do them? When you make excuses, you dismiss the reality that God is with you. You are equipped with His power and love. Your heavenly Father is on your side and equips you to do whatever He speaks to your heart.

I urge you to examine your life today. Are you delaying obeying God by making excuses? For example, God may speak to your heart to give financially to someone, but your answer may be, “I don’t have much money.” However, God’s answer is, “You have Me, and I’m all you’ll ever need. I will provide you with the resources to bless someone else.”

When we acknowledge God in everything we do, we cannot fail. However, when we allow doubt to creep in, we decide for ourselves what can or can’t be done. There’s a quote by Don Wilder that says, “Excuses are the nails used to build a house of failure.” We must do what God says, even when it’s uncomfortable, when we don’t understand or when doubt rears its ugly head. We must continue to remind ourselves God is with us, and He will help us succeed in our endeavors.

Moses tried to figure out how he would do what God had set before him. He asked, “What shall I say when the Israelites ask who sent me?” God replied, “I Am Who I Am and What I Am, and I Will Be What I Will Be; and He said, You shall say this to the Israelites: I AM has sent me to you!” (Exodus 3:14, The Amplified Bible).

I believe God is saying the same thing to us today. He is sending you to do something great that will impact people’s lives and cause the blessing to be seen in and through you. Whenever an excuse comes through feelings of doubt or fear, remind yourself God is with you and has given you supernatural ability. Don’t allow excuses to rob you of the wonderful things He has in store for you.
baby_blue4u
baby_blue4u
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 73
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-12-31

Warning : DONT MAKE EXCUSES 110

Back to top Go down