Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can anyone explain?

5 posters

Go down

Can anyone explain? Empty Can anyone explain?

Post  lisa1880 Thu 17 Apr 2008, 10:26 am

My Pastor says that astrology is evil and we should not believe in it. Whereas in the Bible Magi predicted Jesus' birth through astrology. If it is evil why did God make stars and why their is significance of stars and moon?

God bless
lisa1880
lisa1880
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Warning : Can anyone explain? 110

Back to top Go down

Can anyone explain? Empty Re: Can anyone explain?

Post  Waqar Daniel Sun 20 Apr 2008, 8:15 pm

Long life is in her right hand;
in her left are riches and honor (Proverbs 3:16)
Astrology becomes evil when people start believing in astrology more and less in God. I have seen people who start their day by reading their horoscope and plan the whole day accordingly. Whereas, they should pray to God and trusting Him to make the day blessed. What I believe your Pastor meant was, that trusting in astrology, psychic charts, Tarrot Cards is evil. Using mediums is also evil as evil spirit are used in it. Many astrologers are satan worshipers and use evil spirits. That is why it is evil.

God bless you

Last edited by Waqar Daniel on Sun 26 Oct 2008, 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlelamb Mon 21 Apr 2008, 11:40 pm

Dear lisa1880, What took place in Matthew's account of the wise men that came to see the baby JESUS. It says nothing of them being astrologers, it says that they looked at the prophecies and knew the signs that would show them where to find HIM. They saw a star and they followed the star, to Bethlehem, which was the prophecy of where JESUS would be born.

Micah 5:2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting. 3 Therefore will he give them up, until the time that she which travaileth hath brought forth: then the remnant of his brethren shall return unto the children of Israel.

Notice the words, Wise Men. They were not astrologers, but men that followed the prophecies given in the BIBLE.

Matthew 2:1 Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem, 2 Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him. 3 When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him. 4 And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where Christ should be born. 5 And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judaea: for thus it is written by the prophet, 6 And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.

Now astrology and other things that have to do with mysticism, is considered withcraft and its practice is not allowed by the LORD, because it leads people into believing that they have special powers and it becomes a type of idol worship.

In Deuteronomy, the command of the LORD, is not to worship the sun, moon and stars.

Deuteronomy 4:19 And lest thou lift up thine eyes unto heaven, and when thou seest the sun, and the moon, and the stars, even all the host of heaven, shouldest be driven to worship them, and serve them, which the LORD thy God hath divided unto all nations under the whole heaven.

Deuteronomy 17:2 If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant, 3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded;

Since the LORD created all these planets, we are to worship HIM only and not the planets. Astrology and those that practice it are called evil, by the LORD:

Jeremiah 8:1 At that time, saith the LORD, they shall bring out the bones of the kings of Judah, and the bones of his princes, and the bones of the priests, and the bones of the prophets, and the bones of the inhabitants of Jerusalem, out of their graves: 2 And they shall spread them before the sun, and the moon, and all the host of heaven, whom they have loved, and whom they have served, and after whom they have walked, and whom they have sought, and whom they have worshipped: they shall not be gathered, nor be buried; they shall be for dung upon the face of the earth. 3 And death shall be chosen rather than life by all the residue of them that remain of this evil family, which remain in all the places whither I have driven them, saith the LORD of hosts.

In the New Testiment, we can find these encouraging words:

Colossians 2:6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: 7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. 8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. 9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
Littlelamb
Littlelamb
Christian Talk Moderators

Female

Number of posts : 227
Profession : Admin of 2 forums, Children's Church Ministry
Hobbies : The BIBLE and the STUDY which I apply to life.
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2008-03-21

http://www.lordismyshepherd.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tom2 Tue 17 Jun 2008, 1:45 am

lisa 1880,the only significance in the physical reality around us is our realization that God made them.whether they be stars,moons,galaxies,whatever.now sdripture tells us in genesis 1-14-19,these verses answer all your questions.
tom2
Christian Talk Member

Male

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Back to top Go down

Can anyone explain? Empty Astrology and Theology

Post  Fenny West Tue 17 Jun 2008, 10:57 am

Detestable Practices

All the counsel you have received has only worn you out! Let your astrologers come forward, those stargazers who make predictions month by month, let them save you from what is coming upon you.Isa47:13

9 When you enter the land the LORD your God is giving you, do not learn to imitate the detestable ways of the nations there. 10 Let no one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, 11 or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. 12 Anyone who does these things is detestable to the LORD, and because of these detestable practices the LORD your God will drive out those nations before you. 13 You must be blameless before the LORD your God.

God made the sun, moon and the stars and they are not evil in themselves. The sun and the moon control the seasons. However God wants us to seek guidance from Him and not from the stars. His Book of books- the Bible is the sources of guidance for those who acknowledge Him. The bible has 66 broadcast channels. Anything we receive that is contrary to these channel must be held suspect.

God desires to speak to us daily and on an individual basis, but the question is: are we ready and willing to her from Him? Can we spend time with Him, long enough to hear Him?

Do we know how He speaks? Have we obeyed what He spoke to us last? Or are we looking for short-cuts to hearing His voice? Short cut will always short-change us or leave us short or cut us short.

I remember the story of a lady referred to as the Promise box picker. She had a short cut to hearing God so she resorted to this promise box that was full of various scriptures. Her practice daily was to dip into the box, pick out a promise or passage and assume God was speaking to her.

On some occasions she got comforting scriptures and it made her day, but one day she had a rude awakening. She dipped as usual into the box in the morning and the first promise she had was: '...and Judas went and hanged himself.'

She said to herself, ''I don't want to hang myself.'' So she dipped again, hoping to get a better one this time, but guess what? This time it said, '..Go thou and do likewise.' She became desperate and frantic, even angrily dipped again and her guidance went pear-shaped. This time it read, ...and what thou doest, do it quickly.'

Needless to say, she gave up and that experience cured her from looking for short cuts to hear from God.

God says in His Word, 'If you seek me you will find me ...if you seek me with all your heart. His will is His word and His Word is His will. His Word is His voice and His voice is His Word. He has given us His Holy Spirit to guide us into all truth. The Holy Spirit is our Teacher, Standby, Guide, Helper and Counselor.

He speaks to us as we ask Him questions and expect to her from Him. He speaks through prophecies, inward-witness (still small voice), word of knowledge, word of wisdom

We are not meant to seek guidance from the stars but from the Bright Morning Star.

It takes discipline to read your Bible daily and meditate on it and ask the Lord to interpret the word to you. But that is the way we grow and mature in Him.

Yes, occasionally we would get it wrong as we by faith seek to hear Him through His Word, so what? I have mistaken Hhis voice many times. But that is how we grow. We fall and we pick ourselves again and God forgives us and restores us.

Picture Mary sitting at the feet of Jesus and soaking it all in, whilst Martha was too busy and distracted by other things. We need to get the balance right and know our priorities. See 'God's Precious Presence.'

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com/righteous-living-f14/gods-precious-presence-t1820.htm#3605

As we listen to Him we grow in our intimacy with Him. We can all grow in the area of hearing from God. The more you depend on him and desire to hear from Him, the more He will speak to you. Also your obedience to what He has told you will determine if you hear from Him again or how frequently you hear from Him.

Before you read your bible pray a prayer like this:

Lord I come into your presence this day, acknowledging you as Lord.

Holy Spirit, you are the Author of this Word. You came to guide me into all truth. You are my counselor. Open the eyes of my spiritual understanding to see and perceive, Open my ears to hear and understand. May your Word be a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. You said in your word, the steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord. You also said I will instruct in the way that you should go, and that the pathway of the righteous shines ever- brighter unto a perfect day. Give me divine direction O Lord, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Know that as you are reading the Bible, God is speaking to you and when you pray, You are speaking to Him. It is by faith we hear His voice. Write down what He says to you. It may not always be things you want to hear. It could be a rebuke. If so take it wisely and thank Him for it. It could also be a commendation or a specific instruction about your life. He said ‘My sheep hear my voice and the voice of a stranger they will not follow.’

14I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
15As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
16And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

John10:14-16

From heaven he made you hear his voice to discipline you. On earth he showed you his great fire, and you heard his words from out of the fire. Deut 4:26

1In the church at Antioch there were prophets and teachers: Barnabas, Simeon called Niger, Lucius of Cyrene, Manaen (who had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch) and Saul. 2While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, "Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them." Acts 13:1-2

and said, "Brothers, the scripture had to be fulfilled which the Holy Spirit spoke long ago through the mouth of David concerning Judas, who served as guide for those who arrested Jesus—Acts1:16

Coming over to us, he took Paul's belt, tied his own hands and feet with it and said, "The Holy Spirit says, 'In this way the Jews of Jerusalem will bind the owner of this belt and will hand him over to the Gentiles.' "Acts21:11

They disagreed among themselves and began to leave after Paul had made this final statement: "The Holy Spirit spoke the truth to your forefathers when he said through Isaiah the prophet:

Acts28:25

Fenny West
Fenny West
Christian Talk Moderators

Male

Number of posts : 1091
Profession : Writer/Teacher/singer/composer
Hobbies : Music
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2007-09-10

http://inspiration4generations.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down