Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The camel and the eye of the needle

Go down

The camel and the eye of the needle Empty The camel and the eye of the needle

Post  AngelicSmile Sun 11 May 2008, 10:43 pm

16 And behold someone came to Him and said, Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?
17 And He said to him, Why do you ask Me concerning what is good? There is only One who is good. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.
18 He said to Him, Which ones? And Jesus said, “You shall not murder; you shall not commit adultery; you shall not steal; you shall not bear false witness;
19 Honor your father and mother; and you shall love your neighbor as yourself.”
20 The young man said to Him, All these things I have kept. What do I still lack?
21 Jesus said to him, If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in the heavens; and come, follow Me.
22 But the young man, hearing this word, went away sorrowing, for he had many possessions.
23 And Jesus said to His disciples, Truly I say to you, Only with difficulty will a rich man enter into the kingdom of the heavens.
24 And again I say to you, It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
25 And when the disciples heard this they were greatly astonished and said, Who then can be saved?
26 And looking upon them, Jesus said to them, With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.
Many believed that there was a gate in Jerusalem known as "Eye of the needle". Whereas The needle in Matthew and Mark is a rafic. In Luke it is a belone. But both are synonyms for needles used in sewing, but Luke's is more likely to be used by a surgeon than a seamstress.

As a normal person would see that it is imposible for a cammel to pass through a needle and so it is to get salvation if we look at our sins. For God to save anyone without looking at his her sins is not impossible. It was the thief on the cross who believed in Jesus and got saved. For God nothing is impossible. Many people when they find themselves in sin, say, now it is too late and God will not accept us with all our sins. Whereas God says, anyone who believes in Jesus will be saved. But believing is not enough, we have to leave our sinful lives and live lives that is according to the commands of the God.

Now when a sinner leaves his or her sinful life and follows God this is what the Bible says camel going through the eye of the needle.
AngelicSmile
AngelicSmile
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Warning : The camel and the eye of the needle 110

Back to top Go down