Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chalk One Up for God

2 posters

Go down

Chalk One Up for God Empty Chalk One Up for God

Post  angel555 Fri 16 May 2008, 3:10 pm

A certain atheist professor of philosophy had as a primary goal to prove to his students God couldn't exist. At the end of every semester he would say to his class, "Anyone who believes in God is a fool. If God existed, He could stop this piece of chalk from hitting the ground and breaking. Such a simple task to prove that He is God, and yet he can't do it." Then he would drop the chalk and it would shatter into a hundred pieces on the tile floor of the classroom.

If you confront anyone who tries this silly trick, here's how to respond.

Tell the students that you will prove how futile this professor's test is. Have someone stand right in front of you with a piece of chalk and declare that if you really existed in front of them, you could catch the chalk and keep it from hitting the ground and breaking. Then have them drop the chalk and allow it to fall the ground and shatter.

Then say, "I guess this proves I don't exist and that anyone who believes otherwise is a fool. Is this a good test for the existence of God? Of course not. The only thing this professor's exercise proves is that if God does exist, He's not a circus animal that can be teased into jumping through hoops to appease the whim of foolish men.

©1999 Gregory Koukl. Reproduction permitted for non-commercial use only.
angel555
angel555
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 19
Marital Status : Divorcee
Registration date : 2007-07-09

Warning : Chalk One Up for God 110

Back to top Go down

Chalk One Up for God Empty Re: Chalk One Up for God

Post  tom2 Mon 19 May 2008, 12:30 am

angel555,yes.scripture tells us to look around at the heavens.the stars.and everything here.its sorta like the evolunists believing that all life mutatated from a single cell.meaning the diversity we have bears,cats,dogs,elephants,lions,everything, from the same cell.now thats faith.no its just another athiest who can believe the big bang all life grew from a soupy mix religion.yet they wont believe in GOD.well dear as a christian I believe in GOD and s an intellectual human I know life can not create itself from an explosion.when you blow something up its destroyed,not converted ito life.
tom2
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Warning : Chalk One Up for God 110

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum