Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Greatest Burden

Go down

The Greatest Burden Empty The Greatest Burden

Post  baby_blue4u Sat 20 Sep 2008, 6:15 pm

At different points in life, everyone carries a burden of one kind or another. Some suffer after the death of a loved one; others face rejection or loneliness. But the burden that impacts an individual more profoundly than any life circumstance is the emotional and spiritual weight that comes from sin.
Biblically, "sin" means an action or thought that deviates from the Lord's standard of righteousness. Since no one is perfect, sinfulness affects us all; allowed to linger, it will fester and destroy lives.
Iniquity results in separation from the heavenly Father (Ps. 66:18). God is perfect and holy; just as light and darkness are incompatible, His perfection cannot function with our imperfection. This is why He does not answer the prayer of a person living in sin. What's more, sinners are under God's wrath (John 3:36) and ultimately sentenced to eternal death, or unending separation from Him. This righteous judgment would leave all humanity hopeless. But the Father, because of His great love, provided a way to Himself.
He sent His Son Jesus as a sacrificial lamb: His blood paid the penalty for every wrong committed throughout history. Christ is the substitute for everyone who trusts Him as Savior. In other words, Jesus is the bridge to God. In John 14:6, He says, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me."
God graciously saves those who receive Jesus. Though believers still sin, they are forgiven. Have you allowed the Lord to free you from the weight of iniquity?
baby_blue4u
baby_blue4u
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 73
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-12-31

Warning : The Greatest Burden 110

Back to top Go down