Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Responding to God's Grace

2 posters

Go down

Responding to God's Grace Empty Responding to God's Grace

Post  baby_blue4u Sat 10 Jan 2009, 3:12 pm

e more we understand the contrast between God's holiness and our sinfulness, the clearer the magnitude and depth of His grace will become. This knowledge will cause us to turn to Him in . . .
Confession of our sins. The prophet Isaiah, upon
seeing God's holiness, clearly grasped his own uncleanness. In a similar way, recognizing the Lord's perfection will lead us to realize our own unrighteousness. We may think we're doing okay until it becomes clear that God's standard for us is to be holy--without sin.

Only through faith in Christ can we meet that standard. The first step is admitting we are not the good person we thought ourselves to be. Rather, we are sinners in need of divine help. Confession is also to be a regular practice of all believers.

Acceptance of Christ's sacrifice. On the cross, our Savior gave up His life so that we might be reconciled to God. By receiving His sacrifice as our own, we enter into a personal relationship with the heavenly Father. He offers forgiveness of our
sins and adoption into His family because we have accepted the atonement Jesus made on our behalf.

Commitment to His Lordship. When Isaiah heard God's call, "Whom shall I send?" he answered, "Here am I. Send me!" {Isa.6:8}. Because Jesus is our Lord, His purpose is to guide our life. As we grow in awareness of His grace, we will be increasingly motivated to live a life of obedient service.

Ponder the impact of God's amazing grace on your life. Let your gratitude lead to one of these responses. Monkey Dance
baby_blue4u
baby_blue4u
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 73
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-12-31

Warning : Responding to God's Grace 110

Back to top Go down

Responding to God's Grace Empty Re: Responding to God's Grace

Post  Waqar Daniel Sat 10 Jan 2009, 3:28 pm

Nice post Baby and I agree that we have to become blameless because this is His command to us.

I am God Almighty; walk before me and be blameless (Genesis 17:1)

God bless you and your family
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Warning : Responding to God's Grace 110