Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Book of Romans(Chapter1)

3 posters

Go down

The Book of Romans(Chapter1) Empty The Book of Romans(Chapter1)

Post  baby_blue4u Mon 12 Jan 2009, 9:12 pm

Romans1:1"Paul a bond servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle separated to the gospel of God ......"
Firstly Paul was a bond servant of Jesus Christ. Now the word bond servant is also translated as slave or servant. A bond servant(slave) was a an employee who was paid wages and that often had considerable skills and responsibly.

Now in those days in order to become an apostle the person had to have seen the risen Christ with their own eyes. Apostles were responsible for writing the very word of God down without error.

Jesus was just as we are even tho He is the Son of God. Jesus had no human nature before he was born of mary. After he was born He had a human body and a human spirit and human mind as well.

Romans1:9"For God is my witness whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of His Son that without ceasing I make mention of you......." What we see here is that Paul must have prayed without ceasing having a continual close relationship with God on a daily basis. Paul puts Gods will above that of his own.

Romans1:16"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ for it is the power of God to salvation..." Paul was not ashamed of the gospel. Why not?? Because he knew there was power in the gospel and that the gospel brought salvation. That happened the moment people hear the Word of God and they put their trust and faith in Jesus to save them

Romans1:17"....The just shall live by faith" Notice it does not say that the just shall be just due to good works. What i am trying to say here is no good works or even obeying the law makes as just in Gods sight. But only having faith in Jesus, Abraham was made righteous by faith and so was David and many other as well. NO one can please God without having faith God is not interested in good works for no one by good works can earn their salvation.It is only by faith in Jesus that makes us righteous before God faith in the blood that was shed for each and everyone of us faith that GOds word is true faith that our sins have been nailed to the cross.

Romans1:18"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men" Here paul talks about Gods wrath on unrighteousness and notes these people what Paul was preaching to was not unbelievers but believers who knew God and knew Jesus but choose to hold fast to their created image of God and the teachings of the bible for they knew that the truth would lead them to repent of sin. Romans1:21"because although they knew GOd they did not glorify Him as God nor were thankful but became futile in their thoughts and their foolish hearts were darkened" So God gave them up to uncleanness in the lust of their hearts to dishonor their bodies among themselves

Therefore false religion leads to personal immorality. Hereby we should know that judgment is self-induced and know that men rejected God
baby_blue4u
baby_blue4u
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 73
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-12-31

Warning : The Book of Romans(Chapter1) 110

Back to top Go down

The Book of Romans(Chapter1) Empty Re: The Book of Romans(Chapter1)

Post  servant Mon 12 Jan 2009, 11:48 pm

-

Last edited by servant on Fri 27 Feb 2009, 6:02 am; edited 1 time in total
servant
Christian Talk Member

Male

Number of posts : 87
Hobbies : Deep Bible Study
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa1880 Tue 13 Jan 2009, 6:37 am

I liked the way you have put your words to explain Romans Chapter 1 and I agree that failing to know Jesus will make us fall apart. Blessings in Jesus
lisa1880
lisa1880
Christian Talk Member

Female

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down