Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Armageddon

2 posters

Go down

Armageddon Empty Armageddon

Post  warrior4christ Tue 20 Jan 2009, 9:28 am

I did some research on Armageddon. The word "Armageddon" is formed from the Hebrew Words "Har" or mountain, and "Megiddo," a city on a hill--actually a tell--in the northern part of the Holy Land, inland from Mount Carmel (near the modern seaport of Haifa). It is at the "crossroads of the crossroads" where the ancient Via Maris ("Way of the Sea") crosses the central transverse highway of Israel. This commands a view of the Valley of Jezreel, the "breadbasket of Israel." It was a strategic command post for control of the entire area for many centuries. The transverse highway led to the other major caravan route of the day, "The King's Highway." Travelers from Egypt to Syria, Babylon, Persia, and Asia Minor would normally pass this way, and could be taxed by whoever controlled the city. For this reason, the city was often conquered by the various powers which occupied the Holy Land.

This is the word of the LORD concerning Israel. The LORD, who stretches out the heavens, who lays the foundation of the earth, and who forms the spirit of man within him, declares: "I am going to make Jerusalem a cup that sends all the surrounding peoples reeling. Judah will be besieged as well as Jerusalem." (Zechariah 12:1-2)

Thank you servant for this wonderful article, I always like whatever you post. Blessing in Jesus.
warrior4christ
warrior4christ
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Warning : Armageddon 110

Back to top Go down

Armageddon Empty Re: Armageddon

Post  servant Tue 20 Jan 2009, 2:35 pm

Thank you for replying warrior4christ,