Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sigificance of Food

2 posters

Go down

Sigificance of Food Empty Sigificance of Food

Post  Waqar Daniel Fri 27 Feb 2009, 7:19 pm

According to the scriptures, food is given to us as a gift / blessing from God for four reasons. According to Bible, food is given to us for:

Enjoyment
"A man can do nothing better than to eat and drink and find satisfaction in his work. This too, I see, is from the hand of God, for without Him, who can eat or find enjoyment?" (Ecc 2:24-25) See also Ecc 5:18

Sustenance
Even in the garden of Eden, Adam needed food to sustain his life and give him energy to do the tasks God had assigned him. Plants were given to Adam and Eve for this purpose: Genesis 1:30. Later on animals were given for the same purpose: Genesis 9:3. Both plants and animals are God's provision for our nourishment.

Fellowship
Genesis 18:1-8 is an example of fellowship and food. If we read through the Old Testament God gave food for fellowship. We also see that some of the food sacrificed to God were to be shared with others. See Deuteronomy 12:6-7,18

Worship
Bible also tells us that food is a source of worship. It is a gift of God (Matthew 6:11 & 1 Timothy 4:3b-4) and Paul tells us that every bit of food "should be received with thanksgiving" (1 Timothy 4:3). We should and must be thankful to God for His blessing. Even Jews used to pray before the meal and after the meal giving thanks to God.
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Warning : Sigificance of Food 110

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Sigificance of Food Empty Re: Sigificance of Food

Post  WordofLife Sun 01 Mar 2009, 9:18 pm

I never thought that food had such significance and impact in our life thank you for explaining it.
WordofLife
WordofLife
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Warning : Sigificance of Food 110

Back to top Go down