Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE

2 posters

Go down

LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE Empty LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE

Post  saved Mon 16 Mar 2009, 4:56 pm

Article by: Tom Gilbert

There is something happening in the world, and especially with the Christian Church, that is reflective of God’s active Spirit working with, in and through people. The Emerging Church Movement (some are calling it the Emergent Church) is not a new definition of Christianity nor is it a new denomination or religion. What it appears to be is another period of awakening for Christ followers. It is not restricted to Protestants or Catholics. It is happening throughout the Body of Christ and people of all ages appear to be participating.

Because God is a great mystery we are often confused or blinded to the movement of the Holy Spirit. But clearly something is happening in our time. More people are sensing the need to truly live the Gospel message and in a newly holistic way. Social justice, caring for the poor and those on the margins, respecting our planet and calling for proper stewardship, hunger for interfaith respect and spiritual renewal – this all points to God working in ways mysterious and wonderful.

Phyllis Tickle has stated that the Church seems to go through great periods of upheaval and renewal every 500 years or so. The Great Reformation of 1517 was certainly one of those times and it appears we are in the midst of another such period of new growth. We are evolving as a species so it is only natural that part of the evolution is the birthing anew of our understanding and relationship with God as revealed through Christ Jesus.

If any of this new movement is uncomfortable to us we should not be surprised. We cannot stand still in the realm of the Spirit. Like the cycle of the seasons we must die to the winter of our old ideas and be born anew in the spring of deeper revelation. The tension you experience during such growth is part of the process

Other dynamic speakers, ministers and modern day prophets commonly associated with the Emerging Church movement include Brian McLaren, Shane Claiborne, Tony Campolo, Reverend Andrew Thayer and Franciscan priest Richard Rohr. Some of them are coming together for an in-depth conversation about these shared quests at the Emerging Church conference in Albuquerque, New Mexico, March 20-22, 2009.

If Christianity is to stay vibrant, relevant and revelatory it must always be open to the prompting of the Spirit. History shows that spiritual renewal will happen regardless of any attempt by organized religion to control and regulate the Church. Christ is risen and as such the Body of Christ is a living and ever renewing presence. “New wine” demands new wineskins. We are called to surrender to God’s will. This is ultimately to embrace love in its unconditional and infinite expression.
We are all invited to this spiritual banquet. What an exciting time to be alive!

Tom Gilbert is a writer and spiritual seeker who edits and maintains the Living the Solution web site. You may reprint this article as long as you give credit and a link back to www.livingthesolution.com

scripture taken from the Holy Bible, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®.Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 International Bible Society. All rights reserved throughout the world. Used by permission of International Bible Society.

NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION® and NIV® are registered trademarks of International Bible Society. Use of either trademark for the offering of goods or services requires the prior written consent of International Bible Society.

Living the Soul
saved
saved
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2007-07-15

Warning : LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE 110

Back to top Go down

LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE Empty Re: LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE

Post  WARRIOR Wed 14 Apr 2010, 12:03 pm

This article truly shows us that yes,
God will always continue to draw all
men to himself. However, we do not evolve,
we die to self and are born again by the Holy
Spirit. It is the Spirit who convicts us of sin
and leads us into all truth and righteousness.
I do not see anywhere in scripture where we evolve.
That sounds more to me more new age. I have to say
when GOD does something it is complete.
We in faith walk in his Grace in the NEWNESS of him.
His newness is complete, it does not evolve.
Evolution sounds more humanistic. We must be careful
not to confuse the works of man and the works of God.

What the Lord has started he will continue unto
completion. I loved the article. I think it should make us
think. We are in perilious times and need to guard our
hearts and souls in Christ Jesus. Blessings.
WARRIOR
WARRIOR
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 931
Profession : Administrative Cust Svc
Hobbies : Quilting , ride bicycle, hiking, writing.
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2010-03-30

Warning : LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE 110

http://anne-thewindwhispers.blogspot.com/2010_08_01_archive.html

Back to top Go down