Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Time for Intercession

2 posters

Go down

A Time for Intercession Empty A Time for Intercession

Post  Fenny West Tue 02 Jun 2009, 3:26 pm

With a government that is mired and weakened in Expenses Scandals; the opposition party equally smeared and ineffective; the press (especially the Telegraph) becoming so powerful and holding the government and MPs as hostages, leaving them quaking in their boots; extremist parties garnering support and parliamentary democracy in the UK tittering on the brink of disintegration, what shall the righteous or better still, what shall the Church do?

This is a time of great crisis and we need to not only pray but intensify our prayers.

Righteousness exalts a nation but sin is a reproach to any people.

We need to weep for the land like Nehemiah, identifying ourselves with the people, rather than pointing the finger.

Pray for:

wisdom for those in Government, the PM cabinet and the opposition to know how to clear he mess.

People to go into politics with the right motives

Positive contribution by the church in times of such crisis in the land

Stronger Church of the Lord Jesus setting a good example that can be followed.

Pray that extremist divisive forces would not be given the opportunity to destabilise the government, the economy and society at large.

Aviation Industry: Pray that

the plane which vanished would be found and the cause of the disaster established.

the spirit of fear and despair would be dispelled

those whose loved ones were in the aeroplane would be comforted and that they would be drawn to the Christ in this time of great sorrow.

there would be Healing and Revival of the Church and that it would be used as a dynamic instrument of reconciliation of the lost and beckon of hope.

the church will be Empowered

Helpful Scriptures to Use

3If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?
4The LORD is in his holy temple, the LORD's throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men.Ps11:3-4
Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.Prov.14:34

2That Hanani, one of my brethren, came, he and certain men of Judah; and I asked them concerning the Jews that had escaped, which were left of the captivity, and concerning Jerusalem.
3And they said unto me, The remnant that are left of the captivity there in the province are in great affliction and reproach: the wall of Jerusalem also is broken down, and the gates thereof are burned with fire.
4And it came to pass, when I heard these words, that I sat down and wept, and mourned certain days, and fasted, and prayed before the God of heaven,
5And said, I beseech thee, O LORD God of heaven, the great and terrible God, that keepeth covenant and mercy for them that love him and observe his commandments:
6Let thine ear now be attentive, and thine eyes open, that thou mayest hear the prayer of thy servant, which I pray before thee now, day and night, for the children of Israel thy servants, and confess the sins of the children of Israel, which we have sinned against thee: both I and my father's house have sinned.
7We have dealt very corruptly against thee, and have not kept the commandments, nor the statutes, nor the judgments, which thou commandedst thy servant Moses.
8Remember, I beseech thee, the word that thou commandedst thy servant Moses, saying, If ye transgress, I will scatter you abroad among the nations:
9But if ye turn unto me, and keep my commandments, and do them; though there were of you cast out unto the uttermost part of the heaven, yet will I gather them from thence, and will bring them unto the place that I have chosen to set my name there.
10Now these are thy servants and thy people, whom thou hast redeemed by thy great power, and by thy strong hand.
11O LORD, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant, and to the prayer of thy servants, who desire to fear thy name: and prosper, I pray thee, thy servant this day, and grant him mercy in the sight of this man. For I was the king's cupbearer.

Neh. 1:2-11

And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.Ezek.22:30

Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.Isa53:12

Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.Ro8:26
1I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
2For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
3For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

1Tim2:1-3

Pray for the Church to let her light shine

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.Matt5:16

Fenny West
Fenny West
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 1091
Profession : Writer/Teacher/singer/composer
Hobbies : Music
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Warning : A Time for Intercession 110

http://inspiration4generations.com

Back to top Go down

A Time for Intercession Empty Re: A Time for Intercession

Post  Littlelamb Tue 02 Jun 2009, 10:59 pm

Fenny, this is not just in the UK. We are witnessing some of the same things that you have mentioned, in the US. in truth the world is being corrupted, as we know it. The BIBLE tells us that these things will take place. Christians do need to be UNIFIED, in PRAYER, where ever they live. Time is growing short. LOOK UP, our REDEEMER draweth near. I love you
Praying in agreement.
Littlelamb
Littlelamb
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 227
Profession : Admin of 2 forums, Children's Church Ministry
Hobbies : The BIBLE and the STUDY which I apply to life.
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Warning : A Time for Intercession 110

http://www.lordismyshepherd.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down