The Questions12 Then Jonathan said to David: "By the LORD, the God of Israel, I will surely sound out my father by this time the day after tomorrow! If he is favorably disposed toward you, will I not send you word and let you know? 13 But if my father is inclined to harm you, may the LORD deal with me, be it ever so severely, if I do not let you know and send you away safely. May the LORD be with you as he has been with my father. 14 But show me unfailing kindness like that of the LORD as long as I live, so that I may not be killed, 15 and do not ever cut off your kindness from my family—not even when the LORD has cut off every one of David's enemies from the face of the earth."
16 So Jonathan made a covenant with the house of David, saying, "May the LORD call David's enemies to account." 17 And Jonathan had David reaffirm his oath out of love for him, because he loved him as he loved himself.
- What is a covenant?
- What was the remit of the covenant agreement?
- How different was the covenant we have today from the one David and Jonathan had?
- What were the key elements of the blood covenant and their significance?
- What status does this ceremony confer?
- Was Jonathan right to have sounded out his father to protect David and why?
- How did David demonstrate his covenant relationship with Jonathan after his death?
- What covenant do we have with the Lord?
- What are the implications of this covenant?
- Who do you have covenant with as a Christian?
- What is the implication of this covenant understanding?
- Christian Talk Moderators
- Mood :
Number of posts : 1091
Age : 63
Location : UK
Profession : Writer/Teacher/singer/composer
Hobbies : Music
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2007-09-10
Points : 17472
Reputation : 46
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum