Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Heart Of The Gospel

2 posters

Go down

The Heart Of The Gospel Empty The Heart Of The Gospel

Post  Fenny West Mon 10 Aug 2009, 11:10 am

READ: 2 Corinthians 4:1-6
We all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed. (2 Corinthians 3:18)
When E. Stanley Jones, well-known missionary to India, had the opportunity to meet with Mahatma Gandhi, he asked a searching question of India’s revered leader: “How can Christianity make a stronger impact on your country?” Gandhi very thoughtfully replied that three things would be required.

First, Christians must begin to live more like Jesus. Second, the Christian faith should be presented without any adulteration. Third, Christians should emphasize love, which is at the heart of the gospel.

These insightful suggestions are the key to effective evangelism around the world. As messengers of God’s love, we are to be human mirrors who reflect without distortion a growing likeness to our Lord; we are not to walk in “craftiness” (2 Cor. 4:2). If our lives reflect an image that is spiritually blurred, the truth of saving grace may not be clearly communicated (vv.3-5). We are also to share the biblical essentials of our faith clearly. We must not handle the Word of God “deceitfully” (v.2). And our lives are to be marked by love for God and others (1 John 5:1-2).

Let’s be sure that we reflect a clear image of Jesus’ likeness, the truth of God, and love. — Vernon C. Grounds

Called to be salt and light in this world,
Called to preserve and to shine,
Called to reflect the glory of God—
Oh, what a calling is mine! —Fitzhugh

The primary reason for living in this world is to reflect the likeness of Christ.

Our Daily Bread
Fenny West
Fenny West
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 1091
Profession : Writer/Teacher/singer/composer
Hobbies : Music
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Warning : The Heart Of The Gospel 110

http://inspiration4generations.com

Back to top Go down

The Heart Of The Gospel Empty Re: The Heart Of The Gospel

Post  I am Saved Mon 10 Aug 2009, 3:40 pm

Absolutely true and I agree with you that first Christians must live like Jesus because this is pleasing to God the Father. The second point that you made is excellent and very true. There should not be any adulteration in our faith. We should be religiously correct and avoid all other practices that are contrary to our faith. Thank you brother for sharing this very important devotion here. This type of preaching is much needed for we have drifted away from our path.
I am Saved
I am Saved
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 11
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2009-08-05

Warning : The Heart Of The Gospel 110

Back to top Go down