Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SHARING THIS ARTICLE OF THE UN-CHURCH. BE BLESSED.

2 posters

Go down

SHARING THIS ARTICLE OF THE UN-CHURCH. BE BLESSED. Empty SHARING THIS ARTICLE OF THE UN-CHURCH. BE BLESSED.

Post  WARRIOR Wed 07 Apr 2010, 1:17 pm

The Un-Church
Tim Laughlin

Mar 31, 2010

But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ. Philippians 3:7

Like the un-cola that has no caffeine, the un-church has no religion. The un-church is a body of servants called to a lost world to proclaim God's mercy and to bring about deliverance, healing and restoration.

Millions gather on Sunday to worship a distant god, sing some songs, here an uplifting message, write a check, go home and take a nap. Monday morning they mount their treadmills of the mundane only to dismount on Sunday and start all over again.

Not so for the un-church, they silently move through the lives of millions spreading the true gospel, praying for the sick, ministering to the lonely and downtrodden and visiting those with no hope. While most are padding their nest and their portfolios, the un-church give away their lives to those in need.

No fanfare or parades and no earthly rewards, they march throughout life with one purpose in mind, to please the One who sent them. No beautiful cathedrals, no family life centers, and many times not even a thank you, they continue to give their lives away. Always on call to serve the needy but without pay or title they continue to lay down their lives for the Lord Jesus.

Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ. Philippians 3:8

The apostle Paul had all the trappings that the religious world could give: title, education, respect, as well as a secure profession that would insure a very comfortable lifestyle. Not unlike the preachers today every where they went they were highly respected and looked upon as great religious leaders, but if the truth was known, most would drown if it rained because their noses are pointed upward because of pride and selfish ambition.

Paul was no different until he met the King of Kings on the road to persecute more Christians. He was knocked to the ground and blinded by the Lord Jesus Christ in a blaze of heavenly light. From that time onward Paul was a changed man, his eyes were opened and he met the Lord and was baptized in the Holy Spirit and received power from on high. Paul had just joined the un-church!

Saved, healed and baptized with power, Paul would never be the same. The Spirit led him out in the wilderness to spend time in God's seminary, "Holy Ghost University" and began to train him for service in the kingdom of God. When he came out he had a new vision and mandate from the Lord Himself to build the un-church of the Gentile.

That I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death. Philippians 3:10

Paul had one ultimate goal, to know Christ, the power that resurrected Him and to know the suffering that would kill all selfish ambition, pride and greed. This lone apostle was sent to the Gentiles with an eternal gospel to preach that would transform them into the people of God. Beaten, whipped, maligned and stoned for his faith he continued on without concern for his life, being more concerned for the lost.

Worldly pagan idol worshipers were converted by the power of the uncompromised gospel of Jesus Christ delivered by a man who had tasted death and the effects of the cross that was allowed to touch his very soul. In today's society Paul would be regarded as a fanatical nut case wandering aimlessly through the cities telling people to repent of their sins and give up all for Christ.

If we were to view the end of Paul's mission today we would see a man condemned to death sitting in a cold dark prison with a few home fellowship groups scattered around the world. In today's success driven world we would not even consider looking twice at this apostle's ministry, deeming him a total failure. Maybe Paul thought the same as he pondered his situation, but in fact he was about to be one of the best selling authors ever and planted a vineyard that is still spreading around the world today.

Paul was a member in good standing of the un-church, no religion, just right! Condemned to death for his faith, persecuted for his beliefs and beaten for his message, he gladly accepted the upward call as he was finally killed and received his eternal reward. Today the un-church has many members silently moving throughout the earth spreading the gospel and obeying the call to make disciples.

If you would like to join the un-church, the requirements are simple, first, confess your sins to God, secondly repent of your sins and turn away from a self centered lifestyle, thirdly give your life totally to the Lord Jesus Christ and follow Him wherever He leads. If you can do that in all sincerity you will become a member of the festal gathering and church of the firstborn who are registered in Heaven. May God bless all who labor in His eternal kingdom!

Brethren, join in following my example, and note those who so walk, as you have us for a pattern.
For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ; whose end is destruction, whose god is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who set their mind on earthly things.
For our citizenship is in Heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able to subdue all things to Himself. Philippians 3:17-21

Your servant in Christ, Tim Laughlin
www.restorationtrainingcenter.org
WARRIOR
WARRIOR
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 931
Profession : Administrative Cust Svc
Hobbies : Quilting , ride bicycle, hiking, writing.
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2010-03-30
Country : SHARING THIS ARTICLE OF THE UN-CHURCH. BE BLESSED. RedCross-1

Warning : SHARING THIS ARTICLE OF THE UN-CHURCH. BE BLESSED. 110

http://anne-thewindwhispers.blogspot.com/2010_08_01_archive.html

Back to top Go down

SHARING THIS ARTICLE OF THE UN-CHURCH. BE BLESSED. Empty Re: SHARING THIS ARTICLE OF THE UN-CHURCH. BE BLESSED.

Post  Waqar Daniel Wed 07 Apr 2010, 5:50 pm

Thank you for sharing such an informative article. Although faith is a personal walk with God, however, through fruits we see enemies of Jesus within the body of Christ. Church is for worship and for socializing too. We always forget that it is not the number of times we go to Church for service but have we repented of our sins and leading others to the Living Water to quench their thirst.
This is the end of the matter; all hath been heard, and keep His commandments; for this is the whole duty of man. (Ecclesiastes 12:13 )
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25
Country : SHARING THIS ARTICLE OF THE UN-CHURCH. BE BLESSED. RedCross-1

Warning : SHARING THIS ARTICLE OF THE UN-CHURCH. BE BLESSED. 110