Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psalm 51:10-12

Go down

Psalm 51:10-12 Empty Psalm 51:10-12

Post  WARRIOR Mon 12 Apr 2010, 3:54 pm

Psalm 51: 10-12 ________________________________________ "Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from they presence; and take not thy Holy Spirit from me. Restore unto me the Joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit." What a beautiful Psalm this is! Here the prayer is: 1. Asking God to give us a heart after Him by right thoughts and desires 2. Asking in faith for God not to forsake us or take away the comforter 3. And with confidence asking God to restore the Joy of our salvation. I remember when I first heard of the Lord. I was 12 years old. Our CCD teacher gave our whole class a new testament. He spoke about accepting Jesus as our Savior and Lord. He said we could talk to him from our hearts and trust Him. When I first read the gospel of John Chapter one: "the Word was God and the Word was with God, and all things were created by Him."; how excited I became!! I realized Jesus was God in the flesh!~ He loved me enough to die for me, for my sins, so that I was forgiven by believing on Him. The Word of God burned within me, it consumed me, I could not get enough of both the written and living Word, Jesus himself. Psalm 51: 12 says: "RESTORE the JOY of my salvation." This prayer was said by a believer in God who somehow though he knew him, lost his Joy of the Lord. How does that happen? Life and the cares of this world as spoken of in the parable of the sower in Mark 4:14-20. Read it. We can drift from God's presence. To prevent the cares of the world consuming us, the Lord tells us to break up our hallow [hard] ground of our hearts: Hosea 10:12; " Plant the good seeds of righteousness and you will reap a crop of my love; plow the hard ground of your hearts, for now is the time to seek the Lord, that He may come and shower salvation upon you." Yes, we are to seek the Lord while he may be found. Truly God cares enough to fortify us to be used of Him. 2 Timothy 3 talks of how hard it will be to be a Christian in these last days, when the love of many [believers] will grow cold. vs. 14; "But you must keep on believing the things you have been taught. You know they are true for you know that you can trust those of us who taught you." vs. 16: "the Whole bible was given to us by inspiration of God [not man] and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives; it straightens us out and helps us to be Obedient. The Word of God cleanses our hearts, it cleans our minds. It fills us with right desires to do good. I thank the Lord for His Word and those who are teaching / preaching God's Word; Obedience in Love.
WARRIOR
WARRIOR
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 931
Profession : Administrative Cust Svc
Hobbies : Quilting , ride bicycle, hiking, writing.
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2010-03-30

Warning : Psalm 51:10-12 110

http://anne-thewindwhispers.blogspot.com/2010_08_01_archive.html

Back to top Go down