Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Onward and Upward

2 posters

Go down

Onward and Upward Empty Onward and Upward

Post  WARRIOR Mon 12 Apr 2010, 4:41 pm

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ONWARD AND UPWARD Philippians 3:12-15 : “It is not that I have already taken hold of it or have already attained perfect maturity, but I continue my pursuit in hope that I may possess it, Since I have indeed been taken possession of by Christ [Jesus] . Brothers, I for My part do not consider myself to have taken possession. Just one thing: Forgetting what lies behind but straining forward to what lies ahead, I continue my Pursuit toward the goal, the prize of God’s upward calling, in Christ Jesus. Let us, Then, who are “perfectly mature” adopt this attitude. And if you have a different Attitude, this too God will reveal to you. What attitude should we have? To forget our past, what is behind us. And press Forward. Why? We cannot measure ourselves against past failures or success, We are only called to measure ourselves against the Word of God. To look backward makes us unfit for the kingdom of God. Luke 9:62 : “Jesus replied, “No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of Heaven.” We are to measure ourselves by the word of God. Psalm 119:105 : “your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.” Hebrews 4:12-13: “ For the Word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double – edged sword, it penetrates, even to dividing soul and spirit [conscious], joints and marrows; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the Heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid Bare before the eyes of Him to whom we must give account. To move Onward, we forget what is behind, good and bad. And we move forward in Christ. How can I do so? Philippians 4:4-7: “Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Not just the written Word, but the Living Word, Jesus. We come to His Presence. And in so doing, we have His Peace to carry through… ONWARD AND UPWARD.
WARRIOR
WARRIOR
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 931
Profession : Administrative Cust Svc
Hobbies : Quilting , ride bicycle, hiking, writing.
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2010-03-30

Warning : Onward and Upward 110

http://anne-thewindwhispers.blogspot.com/2010_08_01_archive.html

Back to top Go down

Onward and Upward Empty Re: Onward and Upward

Post  Savioroftheworld Mon 12 Apr 2010, 5:30 pm

Brilliant and be blessed in Jesus
Savioroftheworld
Savioroftheworld
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed