Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jesus: The only way to Heaven

Go down

Jesus: The only way to Heaven Empty Jesus: The only way to Heaven

Post  Waqar Daniel Mon 13 Aug 2007, 5:26 pm

Jesus said, in John 14:6, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

How is it that Jesus can make such a huge statement? The answer is simple - He is God. The following are just a few of the many Bible verses proving that Jesus was God in the flesh:

Isaiah 9:6 - "For to us a child is born, to us a son is given...and he will be called ... Mighty God, Everlasting Father."In John 5:18, the Jews wanted to kill Jesus as "he was calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God."In John 10:33, the Jews said, "...you, a mere man, claim to be God" and they tried to stone him to death.

In John 20:28, Thomas said to Jesus, "My Lord and my God."

The Bible says that "all have sinned" and "the wages of sin is death" (Romans 3:23 and 6:23).

Death in the Bible is eternal separation from God, in hell. If we are to avoid hell then someone has to die this death for us. John 3:16 says, "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." Jesus died in our place, to take our punishment, so that through repentance we can receive forgiveness of sins and eternal life.

Religion fails to deal with the sin we have committed against God. If sin is not dealt with then we cannot expect to go to heaven. Jesus is the only way because through Him, and Him alone, we can receive forgiveness for our sins and get right with God.
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Warning : Jesus: The only way to Heaven 110

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com