Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kitchen Rennovations

2 posters

Go down

Kitchen Rennovations Empty Kitchen Rennovations

Post  Littlelamb Sat 22 May 2010, 2:47 am

"This Old House" By The Cathedrals
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afzKLHy4KpY

A weakened floor near our sink, began to sag. Then, we noticed a foul odor near the sink. My hubby had looked and looked, but couldn't find the leak. The cabinets were old as this house we live in, and needed replacing. So, last night he began the demo on the lower cabinets. Once he had them removed, he found the damage. We have huge gapping hole in our kitchen, extending out about 2 feet from where I would stand to wash the dishes. This damage, goes all the way under where 2 of the cabinets were, and up the wall, to where my hubby found a pipe that had not been properly installed. The damage is so bad, that some of the rafters under the house, will have to be rejoisted. My hubby thinks that about half of the subflooring will need to be replaced, too. We know that the damage has been occurring over a number of years, PRIOR to, us purchasing this house. None of the inspectors caught it!

I had to open all the windows, and put fans in the windows to pull out the smell, and probably mold spores too. There is a whole lot of cleaning about to begin, this morning, for me. I have the joy of boxing up all the stuff that was in the cabinets, and on the cabinets, and will be washing dishes in a make-shift kitchen. I'll have to get water from the bathroom, to put in dishpans, and then lug the dirty water back to flush. We don't know where we are going to find the funds to fix all this. My hubby plans on moving all the plumbing, from the wall, to under our house, so that we can inspect it from time to time. We will have to purchase four lower cabinets, plumbing, flooring and sub-flooring, and some of the sheetrock. The supper cabinets, don't seem to have been affected at this time, and we can replace them at a later date. PRAISE the LORD, for that. Most of all, I am very, very thankful and PRAISING the LORD, that I didn't fall through the floor!

Please pray that we do not get sick from all the mold, that my hubby removed, last night, and that we can fix this in a timely manner, without incurring too much cost.
Littlelamb
Littlelamb
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 227
Profession : Admin of 2 forums, Children's Church Ministry
Hobbies : The BIBLE and the STUDY which I apply to life.
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Warning : Kitchen Rennovations 110

http://www.lordismyshepherd.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down

Kitchen Rennovations Empty Re: Kitchen Rennovations

Post  Littlelamb Mon 24 May 2010, 3:30 am

My hubby and his stepdad were able to get all the damaged wood out, and replaced floor joists, a cut wire, that had to be fixed and put down a good sturdy floor. The damage was between 1/3 and 1/2 of our kitchen floor. The walls were stripped of this old brick looking stuff too, and my hubby is putting in extra electrical outlets, which is very much needed. Then it is time to fix the plumbing! Once he has that all done, we will put in drywall, and another thin layer of wood, over the sub-floor, before laying tiles. Then it is one cabinet at a time, starting with the sink base. We are looking at all our options on counter tops, minus the one that has presswood, under it. I've had that before, and it just doesn't hold up well. We will probably spend a little more to get a better quality counter top. We are even looking into doing a concrete counter top, with tile.

Well, at least we have a plan of action. Please keep praying that the LORD will provide all we need to complete this project, and that we don't find anymore problems along the way.
Littlelamb
Littlelamb

Female

Number of posts : 227
Profession : Admin of 2 forums, Children's Church Ministry
Hobbies : The BIBLE and the STUDY which I apply to life.
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2008-03-21

http://www.lordismyshepherd.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  WARRIOR Thu 24 Jun 2010, 3:15 pm

The wearing down of the saints.. that is what this reminds me of. Nothing is easy for any
of us believers. I will pray for you and yours Little Lamb. Blessings.
WARRIOR
WARRIOR

Female

Number of posts : 931
Profession : Administrative Cust Svc
Hobbies : Quilting , ride bicycle, hiking, writing.
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2010-03-30

http://anne-thewindwhispers.blogspot.com/2010_08_01_archive.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum