Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Afflicted, Duty toward the

Go down

Afflicted, Duty toward the Empty Afflicted, Duty toward the

Post  Waqar Daniel Thu 18 Nov 2010, 4:46 pm

Afflicted, Duty toward the

• To pray for them.
    Acts 12:5 Peter therefore was kept in prison: but prayer was made without ceasing of the church unto God for him.

Philippians 1:16 The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds:

Philippians 1:19 For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,
  • To sympathize with them.
    Romans 12:15 Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.

Galatians 6:2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.
  • To pity them.
    Job 6:14 To him that is afflicted pity should be shewed from his friend; but he forsaketh the fear of the Almighty.
  • To bear them in mind.
    Hebrews 13:3 Remember them that are in bonds, as bound with them; and them which suffer adversity, as being yourselves also in the body.
  • To visit them.
    James 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.
  • To comfort them.
    Job 16:5 But I would strengthen you with my mouth, and the moving of my lips should asswage your grief.

Job 29:25 I chose out their way, and sat chief, and dwelt as a king in the army, as one that comforteth the mourners.

2 Corinthians 1:4 Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

1 Thessalonians 4:18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
  • To relieve them.
    Job 31:19-20 If I have seen any perish for want of clothing, or any poor without covering; If his loins have not blessed me, and if he were not warmed with the fleece of my sheep;
  • To protect them.
    Psalms 82:3 Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy.

Proverbs 22:22 Rob not the poor, because he is poor: neither oppress the afflicted in the gate:

Proverbs 31:5 Lest they drink, and forget the law, and pervert the judgment of any of the afflicted.
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Warning : Afflicted, Duty toward the 110

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com