Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bondage, Spiritual

Go down

Bondage, Spiritual Empty Bondage, Spiritual

Post  Waqar Daniel Thu 18 Nov 2010, 5:25 pm

Bondage, Spiritual

• Is to the devil.
    1 Timothy 3:7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

2 Timothy 2:26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.
  • Is to the fear of death.
    Hebrews 2:14-15 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
  • Is to sin.
    John 8:34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

Acts 8:23 For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity.

Romans 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Romans 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

Galatians 4:3 Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:

2 Peter 2:19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.
  • Deliverance from, promised.
    Isaiah 42:6-7 I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles; To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.
  • Christ delivers from.
    Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

Luke 4:21 And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.
  • The gospel, the instrument of deliverance from.
    John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
  • Saints are delivered from.
    Romans 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Romans 6:22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
  • Deliverance from, illustrated.
    Deuteronomy 4:20 But the LORD hath taken you, and brought you forth out of the iron furnace, even out of Egypt, to be unto him a people of inheritance, as ye are this day.
  • Typified.
    Israel in Egypt,
    Exodus 1:13-14 And the Egyptians made the children of Israel to serve with rigour: And they made their lives bitter with hard bondage, in morter, and in brick, and in all manner of service in the field: all their service, wherein they made them serve, was with rigour.
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Warning : Bondage, Spiritual 110

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com