Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Year's reso-vision?

Go down

New Year's reso-vision? Empty New Year's reso-vision?

Post  fennywest Mon 03 Jan 2011, 11:36 pm

'Write the vision and make it plain' Habakkuk 2:2
Happy New Year! So - are you the kind of person who makes hundreds of new year's resolutions every year, and then come Jan 4, you've already gone and broken most of them? Have you made any yet this year? How long do you think they'll last?! Well, how about this year, instead of the normal routine, you make a resolution to check out God's vision for your life, and see what you can do about it? We're going to spend the next few days looking at how we can do that, practically. Firstly, what actually is a 'vision'? Is it some weird hallucination type thing that'll hover in front of your eyes, making you wonder if someone spiked the punch at last night's party? If that's the case, I can understand you thinking, 'No thanks, I'll pass on a vision this year!'. But that's not the kind of vision we're talking about here. What we're talking about is more like a plan, or a dream, for what God can do, and wants to do, through you and your life. Maybe that still sounds a bit scary to you - but don't panic! God won't ask you to do anything you can't do. In fact, He'll ask you to do something only you can do. You'll be the perfect person for the job. Sounds pretty good to me. What better new year's resolution could there be than getting really stuck into God's plan for your life?

Source: Word for Today
UCB
http://www.ucb.co.uk/index.cfm?itemid=92&testdate=04 Jan 2011
fennywest
fennywest
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : Amused
Male

Number of posts : 1725
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2009-10-19

Warning : New Year's reso-vision? 110