Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Delighting in God

Go down

Delighting in God Empty Delighting in God

Post  Waqar Daniel Sat 08 Jan 2011, 6:26 pm

Delighting in God

• Commanded.
    Psalms 37:4 Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
  • Reconciliation leads to.
    Job 22:21 Acquaint now thyself with him, and be at peace: thereby good shall come unto thee.

Job 22:26 For then shalt thou have thy delight in the Almighty, and shalt lift up thy face unto God.
  • Observing the sabbath leads to.
    Isaiah 58:13-14 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words: Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.
  • SAINTS' EXPERIENCE, IN
    • Communion with God.
      Song of Solomon 2:3 As the apple tree among the trees of the wood, so is my beloved among the sons. I sat down under his shadow with great delight, and his fruit was sweet to my taste.
    • The law of God.
      Psalms 1:1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

Psalms 119:24 Thy testimonies also are my delight and my counsellors.

Psalms 119:35 Make me to go in the path of thy commandments; for therein do I delight.
    • The goodness of God.
      Nehemiah 9:25 And they took strong cities, and a fat land, and possessed houses full of all goods, wells digged, vineyards, and oliveyards, and fruit trees in abundance: so they did eat, and were filled, and became fat, and delighted themselves in thy great goodness.
    • The comforts of God.
      Psalms 94:19 In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul.

• HYPOCRITES
    • Pretend to.
      Isaiah 58:2 Yet they seek me daily, and delight to know my ways, as a nation that did righteousness, and forsook not the ordinance of their God: they ask of me the ordinances of justice; they take delight in approaching to God.
    • In heart despise.
      Job 27:10 Will he delight himself in the Almighty? will he always call upon God?

Jeremiah 6:10 To whom shall I speak, and give warning, that they may hear? behold, their ear is uncircumcised, and they cannot hearken: behold, the word of the LORD is unto them a reproach; they have no delight in it.

• Promises to.
    Psalms 37:4 Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
  • Blessedness.
    Psalms 112:1 Praise ye the LORD. Blessed is the man that feareth the LORD, that delighteth greatly in his commandments.
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Warning : Delighting in God 110

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com