Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glorifying God

Go down

Glorifying God Empty Glorifying God

Post  Waqar Daniel Sat 26 Mar 2011, 6:10 pm

Glorifying God

• Commanded.
    1 Chronicles 16:28 Give unto the LORD, ye kindreds of the people, give unto the LORD glory and strength.

Psalms 22:23 Ye that fear the LORD, praise him; all ye the seed of Jacob, glorify him; and fear him, all ye the seed of Israel.

Isaiah 42:12 Let them give glory unto the LORD, and declare his praise in the islands.
  • Due to Him.
    1 Chronicles 16:29 Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name: bring an offering, and come before him: worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness.
  • FOR HIS
    • Holiness.
      Psalms 99:9 Exalt the LORD our God, and worship at his holy hill; for the LORD our God is holy.

Revelation 15:4 Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest.
    • Mercy and truth.
      Psalms 115:1 Not unto us, O LORD, not unto us, but unto thy name give glory, for thy mercy, and for thy truth's sake.

Romans 15:9 And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name.
    • Faithfulness and truth.
      Isaiah 25:1 O LORD, thou art my God; I will exalt thee, I will praise thy name; for thou hast done wonderful things; thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth.
    • Wondrous works.
      Matthew 15:31 Insomuch that the multitude wondered, when they saw the dumb to speak, the maimed to be whole, the lame to walk, and the blind to see: and they glorified the God of Israel.

Acts 4:21 So when they had further threatened them, they let them go, finding nothing how they might punish them, because of the people: for all men glorified God for that which was done.
    • Judgments.
      Isaiah 25:3 Therefore shall the strong people glorify thee, the city of the terrible nations shall fear thee.

Ezekiel 28:22 And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against thee, O Zidon; and I will be glorified in the midst of thee: and they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall have executed judgments in her, and shall be sanctified in her.

Revelation 14:7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
    • Deliverance.
      Psalms 50:15 And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.
    • Grace to others.
      Acts 11:18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

2 Corinthians 9:13 Whiles by the experiment of this ministration they glorify God for your professed subjection unto the gospel of Christ, and for your liberal distribution unto them, and unto all men;

Galatians 1:24 And they glorified God in me.

• Obligation of saints to.
    1 Corinthians 6:20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.
  • Is acceptable through Christ.
    Philippians 1:11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

1 Peter 4:11 If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
  • Christ, an example of.
    John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.
  • ACCOMPLISHED BY
    • Relying on His promises.
      Romans 4:20 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;
    • Praising Him.
      Psalms 50:23 Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I shew the salvation of God.
    • Doing all to Him.
      1 Corinthians 10:31 Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
    • Dying for Him.
      John 21:19 This spake he, signifying by what death he should glorify God. And when he had spoken this, he saith unto him, Follow me.
    • Confessing Christ.
      Philippians 2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
    • Suffering for Christ.
      1 Peter 4:14-16 If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified. But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters. Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.
    • Glorifying Christ.
      Acts 19:17 And this was known to all the Jews and Greeks also dwelling at Ephesus; and fear fell on them all, and the name of the Lord Jesus was magnified.

2 Thessalonians 1:12 That the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.
    • Bringing forth fruits of righteousness.
      John 15:8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

Philippians 1:11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.
    • Patience in affliction.
      Isaiah 24:15 Wherefore glorify ye the LORD in the fires, even the name of the LORD God of Israel in the isles of the sea.
    • Faithfulness.
      1 Peter 4:11 If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

• Required in body and spirit.
    1 Corinthians 6:20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.
  • Shall be universal.
    Psalms 86:9 All nations whom thou hast made shall come and worship before thee, O Lord; and shall glorify thy name.

Revelation 5:13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.
  • SAINTS SHOULD
    • Resolve on.
      Psalms 69:30 I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving.

Psalms 118:28 Thou art my God, and I will praise thee: thou art my God, I will exalt thee.
    • Unite in.
      Psalms 34:3 O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together.

Romans 15:6 That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
    • Persevere in.
      Psalms 86:12 I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify thy name for evermore.

• All the blessings of God are designed to lead to.
    Isaiah 60:21 Thy people also shall be all righteous: they shall inherit the land for ever, the branch of my planting, the work of my hands, that I may be glorified.

Isaiah 61:3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.
  • The holy example of saints may lead others to.
    Matthew 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

1 Peter 2:12 Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.
  • All, by nature, fail in.
    Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
  • The wicked averse to.
    Daniel 5:23 But hast lifted up thyself against the Lord of heaven; and they have brought the vessels of his house before thee, and thou, and thy lords, thy wives, and thy concubines, have drunk wine in them; and thou hast praised the gods of silver, and gold, of brass, iron, wood, and stone, which see not, nor hear, nor know: and the God in whose hand thy breath is, and whose are all thy ways, hast thou not glorified:

Romans 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
  • Punishment for not.
    Daniel 5:23 But hast lifted up thyself against the Lord of heaven; and they have brought the vessels of his house before thee, and thou, and thy lords, thy wives, and thy concubines, have drunk wine in them; and thou hast praised the gods of silver, and gold, of brass, iron, wood, and stone, which see not, nor hear, nor know: and the God in whose hand thy breath is, and whose are all thy ways, hast thou not glorified:

Daniel 5:30 In that night was Belshazzar the king of the Chaldeans slain.
  • Heavenly host engaged in.
    Revelation 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.
  • Exemplified.
    David,
    Psalms 57:5 Be thou exalted, O God, above the heavens; let thy glory be above all the earth.

The Multitude,
    Matthew 9:8 But when the multitudes saw it, they marvelled, and glorified God, which had given such power unto men.

Matthew 15:31 Insomuch that the multitude wondered, when they saw the dumb to speak, the maimed to be whole, the lame to walk, and the blind to see: and they glorified the God of Israel.

The Virgin Mary,
    Luke 1:46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,

Angels,
    Luke 2:14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

Shepherds,
    Luke 2:20 And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told unto them.

Man sick of the Palsy,
    Luke 5:25 And immediately he rose up before them, and took up that whereon he lay, and departed to his own house, glorifying God.

Woman with infirmity,
    Luke 13:13 And he laid his hands on her: and immediately she was made straight, and glorified God.

Leper,
    Luke 17:15 And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God,

Blind man,
    Luke 18:43 And immediately he received his sight, and followed him, glorifying God: and all the people, when they saw it, gave praise unto God.

Centurion,
    Luke 23:47 Now when the centurion saw what was done, he glorified God, saying, Certainly this was a righteous man.

The Church at Jerusalem,
    Acts 11:18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

Gentiles at Antioch,
    Acts 13:48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

Abraham,
    Romans 4:20 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;

Paul,
    Romans 11:36 For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Warning : Glorifying God 110

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com