Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pursue Now, Overtake, Recover All

Go down

Pursue Now, Overtake, Recover All Empty Pursue Now, Overtake, Recover All

Post  fennywest Mon 20 Aug 2012, 10:27 am

1 Now it happened, when David and his men came to Ziklag, on the third day, that the Amalekites had invaded the South and Ziklag, attacked Ziklag and burned it with fire,
2 and had taken captive the women and those who were there, from small to great; they did not kill anyone, but carried them away and went their way.
3 So David and his men came to the city, and there it was, burned with fire; and their wives, their sons, and their daughters had been taken captive.
4 Then David and the people who were with him lifted up their voices and wept, until they had no more power to weep.
5 And David's two wives, Ahinoam the Jezreelitess, and Abigail the widow of Nabal the Carmelite, had been taken captive.

6 Now David was greatly distressed, for the people spoke of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and his daughters. But David strengthened himself in the LORD his God.

7 Then David said to Abiathar the priest, Ahimelech's son, "Please bring the ephod here to me." And Abiathar brought the ephod to David8 So David inquired of the LORD, saying, "Shall I pursue this troop? Shall I overtake them?" And He answered him, "Pursue, for you shall surely overtake them and without fail recover all."

9 So David went, he and the six hundred men who were with him, and came to the Brook Besor, where those stayed who were left behind.
10 But David pursued, he and four hundred men; for two hundred stayed behind, who were so weary that they could not cross the Brook Besor.
11 Then they found an Egyptian in the field, and brought him to David; and they gave him bread and he ate, and they let him drink water.
12 And they gave him a piece of a cake of figs and two clusters of raisins. So when he had eaten, his strength came back to him; for he had eaten no bread nor drunk water for three days and three nights.
13 Then David said to him, "To whom do you belong, and where are you from?" And he said, "I am a young man from Egypt, servant of an Amalekite; and my master left me behind, because three days ago I fell sick.
14 We made an invasion of the southern area of the Cherethites, in the territory which belongs to Judah, and of the southern area of Caleb; and we burned Ziklag with fire."
15 And David said to him, "Can you take me down to this troop?" So he said, "Swear to me by God that you will neither kill me nor deliver me into the hands of my master, and I will take you down to this troop."
16 And when he had brought him down, there they were, spread out over all the land, eating and drinking and dancing, because of all the great spoil which they had taken from the land of the Philistines and from the land of Judah.
17 Then David attacked them from twilight until the evening of the next day. Not a man of them escaped, except four hundred young men who rode on camels and fled.

8 So David recovered all that the Amalekites had carried away, and David rescued his two wives.
19 And nothing of theirs was lacking, either small or great, sons or daughters, spoil or anything which they had taken from them; David recovered all.

1Sam30:1-19

Paraphrase
David, the anointed man of God, who was after the heart of God; the man who defeated Man-mountain Goliath who was taunting and ridiculing the armies of the living God, is now in hiding running from pillar to post. The man who caused the light to be turned on in Israel after flooring that wicked macho giant is now running with his life in his hands and what more hiding in the land of the Philistines. He even feigned madness at one time to prevent being thrown out as a persona non granta, just like some of us were thrown out at one time for working without a work permit.
However in this dungeon, hideout and valley of life God gave him favour with the down and out, the disgruntled, disgusted, disaffected, disgraced, dispossessed; those in despair, vagabonds, you name it they came, were attracted to David’s anointing- a man running from persecution for removing the reproach from Israel as the Holy Spirit used him. How Ironical!
David recycled these crude and rude boys into a highly disciplined, formidable fighting machine and they were wining battles for some wealthy people under threat of dispossession. They were like G4S – the company set up to provide security during the London 2012 Olympics who could not deliver and caused a big fiasco at the last minute. The Government had to quickly draft in the military to cover the loophole. Yes, David was a security guard; man who had been anointed by Prophet Samuel was now a fugitive. It was as if it was over for him. The enemy had high-jacked his vision set fire on it and laughing, ‘Let’s see you come back and fulfil vision.’
Is that your story today? You know God called you to be the head but the enemy has boxed you somewhere to make you the tail. You know that you are more than a conqueror through Christ but the enemy has defeated you woefully and is saying, ‘Next?’ These men knew that so long as they remained with David, they were sure where the next meal will come from. They could smell and touch the anointing upon his life despite what he was going through and so they were loyal.
However, One day as David and his men came back from their security work- night-shift, they could not believe what the enemy had done. They raided their stronghold and carried away all their wives, children and property. The mighty men of David, the warriors who had thought David could never do wrong were so devastated that they wanted to stone the man of God. They thought, ‘This man is either a fake or has lost the anointing and inflicted this grave damage on us.’
David was also down-hearted; disappointed that he had disappointed the people- they were suffering because of him. It was hard to understand why God had allowed this to happen even in his hiding. However, he encouraged himself in the Lord and sought the face of the Lord, recalling the psalms he had written earlier:

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters.
3 He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name's sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me All the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the LORD Forever.
Ps1
1 Why do the nations rage, And the people plot a vain thing?
2 The kings of the earth set themselves, And the rulers take counsel together, Against the LORD and against His Anointed, saying,
3 "Let us break Their bonds in pieces And cast away Their cords from us."
4 He who sits in the heavens shall laugh; The Lord shall hold them in derision.
5 Then He shall speak to them in His wrath, And distress them in His deep displeasure:
6 "Yet I have set My King On My holy hill of Zion."
7 "I will declare the decree: The LORD has said to Me, ' You are My Son, Today I have begotten You.
8 Ask of Me, and I will give You The nations for Your inheritance, And the ends of the earth for Your possession.
9 You shall break them with a rod of iron; You shall dash them to pieces like a potter's vessel.' "Ps2:1-9

1 LORD, how they have increased who trouble me! Many are they who rise up against me.
2 Many are they who say of me, " There is no help for him in God." Selah
3 But You, O LORD, are a shield for me, My glory and the One who lifts up my head.
4 I cried to the LORD with my voice, And He heard me from His holy hill. Selah
5 I lay down and slept; I awoke, for the LORD sustained me.
6 I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people Who have set themselves against me all around.
7 Arise, O LORD; Save me, O my God! For You have struck all my enemies on the cheekbone; You have broken the teeth of the ungodly.
8 Salvation belongs to the LORD. Your blessing is upon Your people. Selah
Ps3
1 The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?
2 When the wicked came against me To eat up my flesh, My enemies and foes, They stumbled and fell.
3 Though an army may encamp against me, My heart shall not fear; Though war may rise against me, In this I will be confident.
4 One thing I have desired of the LORD, That will I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the LORD All the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the LORD, And to inquire in His temple.
5 For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion; In the secret place of His tabernacle He shall hide me; He shall set me high upon a rock.
6 And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me; Therefore I will offer sacrifices of joy in His tabernacle; I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the LORD.
7 Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice! Have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
8 When You said, "Seek My face," My heart said to You, "Your face, LORD, I will seek."
9 Do not hide Your face from me; Do not turn Your servant away in anger; You have been my help; Do not leave me nor forsake me, O God of my salvation.
10 When my father and my mother forsake me, Then the LORD will take care of me.
11 Teach me Your way, O LORD, And lead me in a smooth path, because of my enemies.
12 Do not deliver me to the will of my adversaries; For false witnesses have risen against me, And such as breathe out violence.
13 I would have lost heart, unless I had believed That I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living.
14 Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the LORD!
Ps27
And while enquiring of the Lord, David did not mince words. He asked specific questions like: also heard while enquiring of the Lord:
8 "Shall I pursue this troop? Shall I overtake them?" And He answered him, "Pursue, for you shall surely overtake them and without fail recover all."

Glory be to God! God still speaks. If you seek Him you will find Him, if you seek Him with all your heart.
Your enemy thinks he has won because he has brought you from frying pan into fire. He and his cohorts are rejoicing, in great glee, but through our God we shall do valiantly. If God be for us, who can be against us? God is working everything together for the good of those who love Him and who are the called according to purpose. Stand and see the salvation of the Lord. The battle is not yours but the Lords. This dross will be turned into Gold, in Jesus’ Name!

The Lord used an Egyptian

13 Then David said to him, "To whom do you belong, and where are you from?" And he said, "I am a young man from Egypt, servant of an Amalekite; and my master left me behind, because three days ago I fell sick.
14 We made an invasion of the southern area of the Cherethites, in the territory which belongs to Judah, and of the southern area of Caleb; and we burned Ziklag with fire."
This young man was like the Holy Spirit, who has been called to be our Strenghtener-to strengthen us for battle even in these end times and last days; He is our Guide, come to give us divine direction; He is our Comforter in distress, the Anointing that breaks every bondage of defeat’ 27 It shall come to pass in that day That his burden will be taken away from your shoulder, And his yoke from your neck, And the yoke will be destroyed because of the anointing oil.Isa.10:27
21 Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, " This is the way, walk in it," Whenever you turn to the right hand Or whenever you turn to the left.
Isa30:21
23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD, And He delights in his way.
Ps37:23
13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
John16:23
He leads me beside the still waters.
3 He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name's sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over.

18 But the path of the just is like the shining sun, That shines ever brighter unto the perfect day.
Prov4:18

David was able to persuade the disgruntled men. As he spoke to them they could see the fire in his eyes and the anointing of God, and they believed in Him, His God and in themselves, once again. Some people were not that convinced and were battle weary and wanted to just lie down and lie. But others followed David and the mysterious guide to the stronghold of the Amalekites and they fought them from morning to evening without looking back. God was behind them. He had given His word: ‘Pursue them, overtake them and recover all and so it would be if David obeyed that word and went and fought. Yes, it was in the place of David to motivate those men to go out and fight with him. He did not need all of them, just like Gideon. He certainly did not need the fearful but a few committed, faithful and disciplined fighters. And just like God used Gideon’s 300 to defeat the Midianites, who were like the sands of the sea- over 100,000, so He used these few men who agreed to follow David to completely , comprehensively wipe out and vanquish the Amelikites, and recovered all their wives and property. They came back loaded, gyrating, rejoicing with all their wives and children safe and well. What a mighty God we serve! What a glorious and victorious God we serve!
Have you been held captive by the enemy of your soul? Have you been imprisoned and dispossessed you and now made you so dispirited that you want to quit? Has the enemy stolen all your goods, plucked out your vision and is making sport of you, taunting you day and night, sing with his cohorts, ’We got him, we got him, or we got her , we got her.’
Stand to see the salvation of the Lord. God is behind and before you. Fear not

" Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are Mine.
2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you.
3 For I am the LORD your God, The Holy One of Israel, your Savior; I gave Egypt for your ransom, Ethiopia and Seba in your place.
4 Since you were precious in My sight, You have been honored, And I have loved you; Therefore I will give men for you, And people for your life.
5 Fear not, for I am with you; I will bring your descendants from the east, And gather you from the west;
6 I will say to the north, 'Give them up!' And to the south, 'Do not keep them back!' Bring My sons from afar, And My daughters from the ends of the earth ---
You’re coming back from captivity. You are coming back from defeat! you’re coming back from dethronement. you’re coming back from the dead. get up and go agin in the name of the Lord. every place that the enemy has defeated you, rise and conquer him in the name of the Lord of Host. Jesus sai; behold I am he tat was dead , but now I ‘m aliuve and alive for evrer more and hold the keys of detha and Hades. the Kid d
"Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last.
18 I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.
Rev1:18
"He who has the key of David, He who opens and no one shuts, and shuts and no one opens":
Rev3:7
10 Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.'
Isa41:

29 He gives power to the weak, And to those who have no might He increases strength.
30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary, And the young men shall utterly fall,
31 But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.
Isa40

Pursue now, overtake and recover all!

14 Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place.2Cor2:14
28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose 37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.
38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come,
39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Rom8
12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by forceMatt11:12
11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.Rev12:11
[/b]

Pursue now, overtake and recover all, because youare a winner not a loser. Jesus won the victory for you on clavary’s cross. oursue those enemies of your. spare them not wherever they lurk go by the leading of the Holy spirit and He will show them to you fish them out and flush them awy and bind the stroingman and take everything that has been stolen from you. give them no ground to gloat and rejoice in glee. Youwill have Isaac, the last laugh in Jesus name. you more than a conqueror. Take what belongs to you by force, in the name of Jesu! enforce the victory He has won for you. goi with holy anger and ferocity. leave no stones unturned until you recover all. God is for you with you and in you.

33 These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."John16:33
"Listen, (all you of Judah and you inhabitants of Jerusalem, and you, King Jehoshaphat) ! Put your name there.
Thus says the LORD to you:
'Do not be afraid nor dismayed because of this great multitude, for the battle is not yours, but God's.
16 Tomorrow go down against them. 2Chro.20:15-16
God will fight for you and you will hold your peace, but you have to go up against them in the name of the Lord of Host.

As King Saul said to David: "Go, and the LORD be with you!"

I say, in the name of the Lord, and by the unction of the Holy Spirit, ‘Go, and the Lord be with YOU! Regardless of past failure and how late you think it is, ‘Go, and the Lord be with you. Regardless of your age, ‘Go, and the Lord be with you. No matter how bankrupt you are, ‘Go, and the Lord be with you!
Do not use carnal weapons. Use what God has given you- the sling and stone, in your hand- that which looks insignificant, inconsequential, disdained by the world around you. Use what I have given you and you will see that giant of a goliath come tumbling down. Know that God uses the foolish things of this world to confound the wise the things that are despise to bring to nought the things that are esteemed. Cast not away your confidence, for in is a great recompense of a reward. (Heb10:35)
You will not come out empty-handed. You’re coming out loaded to the glory of God. The Promised Land is yours for you to enter and occupy until He comes. refuse any foe from dislodging you and dispossessing you. enter and occupy , enter and possess your possession.

Say, like David, to your Goliath,

"You come to me with a sword, with a spear, and with a javelin. But I come to you in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied.
46 This day the LORD will deliver you into my hand, and I will strike you and take your head from you. And this day I will give the carcasses of the camp of the Philistines to the birds of the air and the wild beasts of the earth, that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel.
9 Then David put his hand in his bag and took out a stone; and he slung it and struck the Philistine in his forehead, so that the stone sank into his forehead, and he fell on his face to the earth.
50 So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone, and struck the Philistine and killed him. But there was no sword in the hand of David.
51 Therefore David ran and stood over the Philistine, took his sword and drew it out of its sheath and killed him, and cut off his head with it. And when the Philistines saw that their champion was dead, they fled.
52 Now the men of Israel and Judah arose and shouted, and pursued the Philistines as far as the entrance of the valley and to the gates of Ekron. And the wounded of the Philistines fell along the road to Shaaraim, even as far as Gath and Ekron.
1Sam17

Pursue now, child of God, redeemed of the Lord, blood-bought, blood-kept, ransomed, the righteousness of God, the arm of the Lord. Out on strength, do not fear. God has not given you a Spirit of fear but that of Love and of power and of a sound mind.

Pursue now, overtake and recover all.

The name of the Lord is a strong tower and the righteous run into it and are saved. You will be saved as you hide under the Shadow of the wings of the Most high. Those who come against you in one way will flee in seven ways. The Lord will set your feet upon a rock as your enemies run, cow and hide and as you take everything that they have stolen, restore with a hundred-fold interest.

36 " You have also given me the shield of Your salvation; Your gentleness has made me great.
37 You enlarged my path under me; So my feet did not slip.
38 " I have pursued my enemies and destroyed them; Neither did I turn back again till they were destroyed.
39 And I have destroyed them and wounded them, So that they could not rise; They have fallen under my feet.
40 For You have armed me with strength for the battle; You have subdued under me those who rose against me.
41 You have also given me the necks of my enemies, So that I destroyed those who hated me.
42 They looked, but there was none to save; Even to the LORD, but He did not answer them.
43 Then I beat them as fine as the dust of the earth; I trod them like dirt in the streets, And I spread them out.
2Sam22:36-43

"Pursue, for you shall surely overtake them and without fail recover all."

Pursue, Overtake and Recover all

CH: Pursue now, overtake and recover all
In the day of His power, let not your strength be small

The Lord is on your side.
Get up now and go.
In His shadow abide,
To defeat every foe.

The Lord created all
He made both great and small
And if He is for you,
Tell me Who can be against you?

See, I give to you
The sceptre of deliverance.
Behold I bequeath to you
My power, so sing and dance.

I have gone before you
Making crooked paths straight.
A new anointing I give to you
Making rough places smooth.

Pursue, overtake, recover all
That giant will surely fall
Be strong and be bold.
Go like David of old.

The weapons of your warfare
Are not carnal (2Cor.10:4)
They are mighty through God
To the pulling down of stronghold.

Rise out of the valley of decision.
Step out of the valley of confusion
Follow His voice as His sheep.
Be led of His Spirit as His sheep.

Pursue overtake and recover all
https://youtu.be/OjI3gwHxZeg
https://youtu.be/ymNjHZIgPgE
Sermon by Darrell McClaren, Pastor of Harvest Time Assembly

©Fenny West2012
http://inspiration4generations.wordpress.com/2012/07/27/olympic-series-the-race-of-grace-1-preparation/

Pursue overtake and recover all

Sermon by Darrell McClaren, Pastor of Harvest Time Assembly

©Fenny West2012
http://inspiration4generations.wordpress.com/2012/07/27/olympic-series-the-race-of-grace-1-preparation/

fennywest
fennywest
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : Amused
Male

Number of posts : 1725
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2009-10-19

Warning : Pursue Now, Overtake, Recover All 110

http://www.inspiration4generations.com

Back to top Go down