Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Take Heed...

Go down

Take Heed... Empty Take Heed...

Post  lisa1880 Sun 11 Nov 2007, 9:01 pm

And He said to them, "Take heed and beware of covetousness, for one's life does not consist in the abundance of the things he possesses" (Luke 12:15)

Jesus begins His teaching regarding prosperity in this passage by saying, “Beware of covetousness.” In our society, even in the Church, there are a lot of people whose lives are tied up in “things.” The focus of their life is their stuff, and doing whatever they can to acquire even more things.

It is what the Bible calls covetousness.

The question we all need to remember in this life; Is our heart filled with covetousness?

Do we find ourselves thinking, “I know the missing ingredient in my life, I just need a little more. If I could just get a little more, I would be happy. If I could just build a bigger house and fill it with a little more stuff...if I could get a nicer car...if I could upgrade...then I would be happy, and then I would be successful”?

A little more, a little more, a little more.

The problem is, however, that desire for more never stops. In fact, as we will see in our next devotional, God called a man a fool because he never realized that riches are only temporary.

If you find your life driven by the need for more things, if you are consumed with stuff, if you define your success by what you have (or do not have), then you have been seduced by covetousness, and you will never find the happiness you are looking for.

Do not be a fool seeking after things. Instead, make the passion of your life seeking after God.

God bless
lisa1880
lisa1880
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Warning : Take Heed... 110

Back to top Go down

Take Heed... Empty Re: Take Heed...

Post  Guest Mon 12 Nov 2007, 3:54 am

Hi Lisa I just found your post, and I was writting on that same subject, may God be with you as you seek Him. I have to say that if you seek more of Him and to feel His presence than the matereal wouldn't mean much at all. I ask Lord give me more of you, and my cup runs over with happiness. Keep the good work and may you never change, for you have a wonderfull heart. Anastasia
Anonymous

Back to top Go down