Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Global Warming

+5
4given
lovemylord
sunshine
WordofLife
Waqar Daniel
9 posters

Go down

Global Warming Empty Global Warming

Post  Waqar Daniel Fri 23 Nov 2007, 12:03 am

I once got interested in the Topic Global Warming, when I worked on a project funded by USAID. I went through lots of research papers and documentries. Although I worked years back on the project but it is still fresh in my mind. Last night as I watching a documentry on History Channel, I thought of writing it over here because lot of us are fooled by these senseless theories.

Effects of Global Warming

The ice in Northern Pole will melt down and water will run over the land thus killikng thousands. Billions of dollars are spent on such projects around the world and there are many scientists who are mkaing green houses for the future world.

The question here is that will Global Warming play a vital role in ending the mankind? If a scientist has to answer the question - his/her answer would be a big YES. As a Christian what should be our answer?

Then God told Noah and his sons, "I am making a covenant with you and your descendants, and with the animals you brought with you - all these birds and livestock and wild animals. I solemnly promise never to send another flood to kill all living creatures and destroy the earth." And God said,"I am giving you a sign as evidence of my eternal covenant with you and living creatures. I have placed my rainbow in the clouds. It is the sign of my permanent promise to you and to all the earth. When I send clouds over eart, the rainbow will be seen in the clouds, and I will remember my covenant with you and everything that lives. Never again will there be a flood that will destroy all life. When I see the rainbow in the clouds, I will remember the eternal covenant between God and every living creature on earth." Then God said to Noah, "Yes, this is the sign of my covenant with all the creatures of the earth." (Genesis 9:8-17)

We must stop listening to man made assumptions of the end of the world, even if they have won the Noble Prize for their so-called wisdom and actions, It is still just another man-made idol to God, which, along with all of its worshipers and followers, will be cast into Hell in violation of God's Laws regarding earth (violation of the 2nd commandment, Exodus 20; violation of 2 Timothy 1:7 - God has not given us a spirit of fear, but power, love and a sound mind!)

As a Christian, we must not care if the earth's poles are melting and the earth is truly warming up. I believe that it is not a problem to those who follow and trust God, for He ALWAYS keeps His Promises!
The next time someone brings up this subject to you, ask them: what are you afraid of? what's the big deal? And then you can mention God's Promise to us in Genesis 9.
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Warning : Global Warming 110

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Global Warming Empty Re: Global Warming

Post  WordofLife Fri 23 Nov 2007, 12:23 am

Thank you Daniel for such a nice and wonderful answer to Global Warming. Your post is really informative and see satan makes us believe that Words of God are not true. With such stupid teachings we are led astrya and we drift away from the truth.

We must pay more careful attention, therefore, to what we have heard, so that we do drift away (Hebrews 2:1)

God bless you
WordofLife
WordofLife
Christian Talk Member

Male

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  sunshine Fri 23 Nov 2007, 2:52 am

Thank you for explaining it so well, now when I will face this question, I will surely answer it the Christian way. I was also concerned about the Global warming but now I know that is a promise from God that He will not flood the earth again.

The most interesting part in the Promise of God is that He made this promise with every living creature. How wonderful, kind and compassionate is our God.

God bless
sunshine
sunshine
Christian Talk Member

Female

Number of posts : 24
Marital Status : Still Looking

Back to top Go down

Post  lovemylord Sat 24 Nov 2007, 1:21 pm

Really a good answer, and surely God is true to His promises. I have read somewhere in the Bible that people will talk about various signs about the end of the earth but only God knows the time. We are fooled by satan who uses people as tool to deceive us and drift us away from the path of Jesus Christ.

God bless all
lovemylord
Christian Talk Member

Female

Number of posts : 50

Back to top Go down

Post  4given Sat 24 Nov 2007, 1:41 pm

There are so many stupid theories in which people believe, like aliens will come and conquer the world, or a bigh earthquake will kill everyone on earth or comets and meteroids will destroy the everything on earth like they destroyed dinosaurs millions of years ago. All people who believe in these stupid theories do not believe in God's word, the Bible.
4given
4given
Christian Talk Member

Female

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post  ilovejesus Sat 24 Nov 2007, 2:27 pm

Don't you think Daniel that all these floods and rains are a part of Global Warming. Look at what happened in Bangladesh. I am not saying that the world will end like this but there is a disadvantage of Global warming.

God bless
ilovejesus
ilovejesus
Christian Talk Member

Male

Number of posts : 35
Marital Status : Still Looking

Back to top Go down

Post  Waqar Daniel Sun 25 Nov 2007, 8:17 pm

I appreciate your reply, however, if you look at Bangladesh, floods are norm of their lives. Bangladesh lies low than sea and every year they face these floods. Due to corrupt goevernment, they are unable to build any dams to control the flow of water. Moreover, it is a tropical area and has nothing to do with Global Warming.

Similarly, the areas that are mostly hit by floods and rain have been hit by rain and floods for centuries. Why we never heard of them before? This is due to Media and the coverage they get. You can find storm predictions and lookouts on Internet, weather reports in the news and once a flood strikes these areas, media is all over it, reporting the incident.

I hope that I have answered your question.

God bless you
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  thirsty Mon 26 Nov 2007, 12:15 pm

Daniel you are so right in saying that we mostly live in assumptions and do not treat the word of God with respect. We only use the Word of God disaprove God and Bible itself.

I think if we read geography, we find all these storm hits areas, being hits for centuries and it is only media hype that makes important and Christian scholars are too fond of terrfying people with the end of the world.

God bless
thirsty
thirsty
Christian Talk Member

Female

Number of posts : 212

Back to top Go down

Post  addo1 Thu 13 Dec 2007, 3:47 am

Sometimes we are so fearful. We need to just let go and give God the control. If we have faith in him and do what he commands, we have no cause to be afraid according to the Bible. We need to trust that God will take total care of us if we just believe him.
addo1
addo1
Christian Talk Member

Male

Number of posts : 8
Profession : Military; CAP
Hobbies : cross-country, CAP
Registration date : 2007-12-12

http://captoday.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Global Warming Empty Melting ice flooding the world...???

Post  des_scahill Sat 05 Jul 2008, 3:09 pm

I've always had trouble believing this was ever going to happen, despite all the hype.

First though, there is all sorts of 'gloomy' stuff floating around :

Here is part of an article I found on science watch
at : http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/09/060920193210.htm

"In March 2006, Velicogna and Wahr used GRACE to determine that the
Antarctic ice sheet -- which holds 70 percent of Earth's freshwater --
lost up to 36 cubic miles of ice annually from April 2002 to August
2005. Greenland, the largest island in the world, harbors about 10
percent of the world's freshwater in its ice sheet, which is up to two
miles thick in places. If the Greenland ice sheet melted completely,
the world's oceans would rise more than 20 feet, according to
scientists.

Significant ice loss in Greenland has the potential to have severe
effects on the climate of the Northern Hemisphere, said Velicogna, who
also is affiliated with the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena,
Calif., which manages GRACE for NASA. Scientists believe that large
amounts of freshwater purged from Greenland's eastern coast could help
to weaken the counterclockwise flow of the North Atlantic Current,
lowering water and wind temperatures and potentially triggering abrupt
cooling events in northern Europe."

If that didn't depress you enough maybe this next one will. Smile
I found it here: http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2000/HannaBerenblit.shtml

""It has been calculated that if
Antarctica's approximately 6,000,000 cubic miles of ice should melt, the
level of the oceans all over the world would rise 200 feet."
All the above statements (and others llke them) always seem to leave out some important OTHER information:
For example, so far as the Antartic is concerned.

• With 98% of its area covered with snow and ice, the
    Antarctic continent reflects most of the sun's light
    rather than absorbing it. [/size]
    [/size]
  • extreme dryness of the air causes any heat that is radiated
    back into the atmosphere to be lost instead of being
    absorbed by the water vapor in the atmosphere.[/size]
    [/size]
  • During the winter, the size of Antarctica doubles as the surrounding
    sea water freezes, effectively blocking heat transfer
    from the warmer surrounding ocean[/size]
    [/size][/i][/size]
OK - in Antartica, it is SO cold, - ( the mean temperatures are :
Winter: -40 to -94°F (-40 to -70°C) and Summer: -5 to -31°F (-15 to -35°C) -
there is almost NO water vapour in the atmosphere - it all gets frozen out (precipitated) so the atmosphere is very dry.
So, as the air temperature increases, so too will its ability to 'soak up' any water vapour around.
And in case you've forgotten there are quite a few kilometres of air above us

The size of the whole continent effectively doubles once year during winter.
Thats an regular massive change every year in terms of its effects on the surrounding atmosphere and oceans.
But I certainly haven't noticed the sea level around Australia where I live dropping a metre or so every year
when winter comes to Antartic (and a few MILLION extra square kilometre of ices are created) and rising again
in summer when it all melts.

So what does this all mean? I don't think anyone - including the scientists - really has the slightest clue as to what effects a few degrees rise in Earth's temperature will cause. Rolling Eyes And seeing that reliable weather records only go back a mere 150 years or so, theres not much 'history' to draw inferences from.

I don't think it would be very bright idea to build yourself a new home at sea level right on the beach front - mainly because of possible increased flooding risk due to more violent weather. But thats never been such a good idea anyway because of the higher maintenance costs due to sand particles eroding paintwork and corrosion of metal due to salty sea spray in the atmosphere.
Probably the most important thing we should remember is to CHECK everything before believing it as 'fact'. Thats a lot easier and quicker to do than it used to be, because now the internet can help you find factual information a lot faster.
des_scahill
des_scahill
Christian Talk Member

Male

Number of posts : 3
Profession : Retired
Hobbies : investment, martial arts, matters of faith
Registration date : 2008-06-26

http://ProductsFromNZ.com/affiliates_517

Back to top Go down

Post  Waqar Daniel Sun 06 Jul 2008, 8:46 am

Thank you for your informative reply. However, it is primary science, if the weather gets hot, and ice on poles melt, then putting 2 + 2 will surely make water to be also evaporated due to hot weather. When talking of global warming we always forget the cycle of evaporation and certainly I would go with God's promise.

God bless you and your family
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male