Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Intimacy with God

3 posters

Go down

Intimacy with God Empty Intimacy with God

Post  lisa1880 Wed 05 Dec 2007, 4:04 am

My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. You arem y friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father, I have made known it to you. (John 15:12-15)

Sometimes God seems far away from us. In those moments, we may wonder how personally involved in our lives He actually is. At such times, we should rely on what the Lord Himself has said in Scripture.

Psalm 139:13-17 says that the Lord knit us together in the womb and loves us unconditionally. We also know He plans to prosper us spiritually (Philippians 1:6). These truths confirm that He knows us intimately.

Jesus' life further testifies to the divine desire for intimacy. He consistently reached out to strangers, inviting them to draw near to Him. He spoke words of encouragement to His disciples and other followers, teaching them the profound truths He'd received from His Father (John 7:16) and holding them accountable for their actions. He invited certain ones to accompany Him for deeply personal experiences, such as the transfiguration and His last prayer retreat to Gethsemane (Mark 9:2; Matthew 26:36-37). These are all indications of real friendship.

Jesus' final act--dying on the cross--made it possible for us to join His "inner circle" as a part of God's family. The Holy Spirit, each believer's indwelling companion and guide, also witnesses to God's closeness and detailed knowledge of those who are His.

God has made intimacy with Him possible, but we often hold back. Distracted by earthly concerns, we put limits on His involvement in our lives and set family and friends as a higher priority. Let's commit to placing the Lord first and pursuing Him with our whole heart (Mark 12:30).

God bless all
lisa1880
lisa1880
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Warning : Intimacy with God 110

Back to top Go down

Intimacy with God Empty Re: Intimacy with God

Post  thirsty Fri 07 Dec 2007, 7:35 am

Don't we serve an awesome God who does not treat us as His servants but as His friends. As friends, we can talk anything and Jesus as friend always look after us. Thank you Jesus for being our friend, Lord and Savior. All the glory to be His glorious name.

God bless
thirsty
thirsty
Christian Talk Member

Female

Number of posts : 212

Back to top Go down

Post  lovemylord Fri 07 Dec 2007, 3:07 pm

I think colors in the skies, on earth and in the sea are the answer to all those who question God's existence. Really colors change affects the moods.

God bless
lovemylord
Christian Talk Member

Female

Number of posts : 50

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content