Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Golden Compass

3 posters

Go down

The Golden Compass Empty The Golden Compass

Post  addo1 Thu 13 Dec 2007, 4:10 am

I have not seen this myself, but from what I have heard it is totally unapropiate for Christians. In the movie they kill God. The movie was created by athiests and is targeted at little kids in the form of "The Chronicles of Narnia." This is just a warning and feel free to check it our yourselves.
addo1
addo1
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 8
Profession : Military; CAP
Hobbies : cross-country, CAP
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Warning : The Golden Compass 110

http://captoday.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Golden Compass Empty Re: The Golden Compass

Post  addo1 Thu 13 Dec 2007, 3:25 pm

Sorry that I did not see the other topic about this before. I did not mean to post it over.
addo1
addo1
Christian Talk Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  THE ROCK Sun 16 Dec 2007, 3:51 pm

I got this info on the movie from the Internet and it is quite amazing information. I would like to share it here for others to read.

The cast lineup consists of Nicole Kidman, Dakota Blue Richards, Sam Elliot, Eva Green and Daniel Craig. It is directed by Chris Weitz. Thaindian News reported in a post dated November 25, 2007 from Washington (ANI) that actress Nicole Kidman is “anxiously praying for the box office success of fantasy movie The Golden Compass so that she can make a sequel.” The forty year old star is undoubtedly unaware that millions of believers are praying for just the opposite.

The Omaha World-Herald November 25, 2007 reported that “The Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights is urging families to boycott the movie and its source books, a trilogy of novels called "His Dark Materials" by British author Philip Pullman, who is a self-professed atheis

According to the Baptist Record, a Journal of the Mississippi Baptist Convention November 22, 2007 Pullman said in a 2001 interview, “I’m trying to undermine the basis of the Christian belief,” and two years later told another newspaper, “My books are about killing God.”

The Golden Compass is New Line Cinema’s offering of the first of a trilogy of anti God movies all based on the Pullmans disdain for God, Christianity and C. S. Lewis’ highly acclaimed “Chronicles of Narnia. The remaining two novels can only get worse.

In the third and final book of the trilogy, one of the films characters is told by the two homosexual angels that the “Authority” has many names such as El, Adonai, the King and the Father Almighty. For adults who know their bibles the trilogy might seem like a takeoff on dumb, dumber and dumbest but to children whose spiritual wellbeing is at stake the threat is looming and quite real.

Article Source: [url=http://Christian-Article-Bank.com
http://Christian-Article-Bank.com[/quote[/url]]
THE ROCK
THE ROCK
Christian Talk Member

Male

Number of posts : 31
Marital Status : Still Looking
Registration date : 2007-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post  addo1 Sun 16 Dec 2007, 8:11 pm

I would say that is pretty awful.
addo1
addo1
Christian Talk Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  jari Mon 17 Dec 2007, 6:46 am

Really sad - what to talk of watching this movie, I don't even like to read the reviews of it. I am amazed at all these people, why don't they make movies against other religions, why do they have to make movies against Jesus and Bible. Are they afraid of others? We must also treat them like others do. I am really angry at such movie makers. They should make movies on their sorry souls and then laugh at themselves.

In Christ
jari
Christian Talk Member

Male

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content