Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLONING - ARE SCIENTITS HAVE BECOME GOD

4 posters

Go down

CLONING - ARE SCIENTITS HAVE BECOME GOD Empty CLONING - ARE SCIENTITS HAVE BECOME GOD

Post  lovingdove Thu 13 Dec 2007, 1:01 pm

I came across a disturbing news report on Yahoo when I switched on my computer. My question is that if scientist can create cats, goats and horses - aren't they becoming God? I have struggled with this question as God said in the Bible that He will never share His glory or honor with any other. This is also justifies Stem Cell Transplantation.

SEOUL (AFP) - South Korean scientists have cloned cats by manipulating a fluorescent protein gene, a procedure which could help develop treatments for human genetic diseases, officials said Wednesday.

In a side-effect, the cloned cats glow in the dark when exposed to ultraviolet beams.

A team of scientists led by Kong Il-keun, a cloning expert at Gyeongsang National University, produced three cats possessing altered fluorescence protein (RFP) genes, the Ministry of Science and Technology said.

"It marked the first time in the world that cats with RFP genes have been cloned," the ministry said in a statement.

"The ability to produce cloned cats with the manipulated genes is significant as it could be used for developing treatments for genetic diseases and for reproducing model (cloned) animals suffering from the same diseases as humans," it added.

The cats were born in January and February. One was stillborn while two others grew to become adult Turkish Angoras, weighing 3.0 kilogrammes (6.6 pounds) and 3.5 kilogrammes.

"This technology can be applied to clone animals suffering from the same diseases as humans," the leading scientist, Kong, told AFP.

"It will also help develop stemcell treatments," he said, noting that cats have some 250 kinds of genetic diseases that affect humans, too.

The technology can also help clone endangered animals like tigers, leopards and wildcats, Kong said.

South Korea's bio-engineering industry suffered a setback after a much-touted achievement by cloning expert Hwang Woo-Suk turned out to have been faked.

The government banned Hwang from research using human eggs after his claims that he created the first human stem cells through cloning were ruled last year to be bogus.

Hwang is standing trial on charges of fraud and embezzlement.

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071212/sc_afp/healthscienceskoreacloning

What you all have to say on this? I hope that this will become a great discussion.

God bless all
lovingdove
lovingdove
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 78
Marital Status : Still Looking
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Warning : CLONING - ARE SCIENTITS HAVE BECOME GOD 110

Back to top Go down

CLONING - ARE SCIENTITS HAVE BECOME GOD Empty CLONING - ARE SCIENTITS HAVE BECOME GOD

Post  Guest Fri 14 Dec 2007, 6:31 am

Dear loving dove, I am going to give you my opinion I don’t
believe in cloning anybody weather they be beast or human. We have gotten away
from God’s ways, and mankind has lost It’s ways. They try to be better than God!
Their minds have become futile. We have become so obsess with health, yet we eat
all kinds of process foods, yet we expect a miracle somehow. Our government has
allow all these markets to sell us poisons, so we get fatter and sicker, than
we run to the doctor for a quick fix, instead of going on God’s diet. He told
us what to plant how to fertlelized the grown and what to eat. So because we do
not obey His ways, we are all sick and look for a quick fix, well there is
none. Did you know that scientist; are saying that we are going to bury our
children. I say no, to cloning and I believe God does not approve of cloning.
May our Lord Yeshua be with you and your family always Anastasia
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

CLONING - ARE SCIENTITS HAVE BECOME GOD Empty Re: CLONING - ARE SCIENTITS HAVE BECOME GOD

Post  Waqar Daniel Fri 14 Dec 2007, 11:45 am

This is such an interesting topic that I could not hold myself back although, Anastasia has explained it well. I love putting theories of these scientists to their faces. What I could understand from the post is:

• Scientists call themselves creators
  • Does God approve of this?

Scientists cannot call themsleves creators because using God's created things they just alter it. Like in olden times, people used to cross breed to get a better animal or used to cross breed plants to get a better crop and a quick harvest. It is similar there is nothing new. Let me explain cloning in detail so that you can understand it.

Cloning is a process used to create an exact copy of a mammal by using the complete genetic material of a regular body (somatic) cell. These steps describe the basic process used to clone Dolly the sheep. This was the first successful cloning of a mammal. Although later proved to be a hoax beacuse they used many eggs and fertilized them to get an identical sheep. Although, sheep look identical, so there is nothing new to it.

1. Isolate donor nucleus
Isolate the nucleus from a somatic (non-reproductive) cell of a adult donor sheep. The nucleus contains the complete genetic material of the organism. This step is repeated many times to gather many cell nuclei. A very small needle and syringe (suction device) is used to poke through the cell membrane to capture the nucleus and remove it from the cell.

2. Get unfertilized eggs
Retrieve unfertilized egg cells (reproductive) from a female sheep. Many eggs are needed since not all of them will survive the various steps of cloning.

3. Remove the egg's nucleus
Remove the egg cell's nucleus, which contains only one-half of the sheep's genetic material. A very small needle and syringe (suction device) is used to poke through the cell membrane to capture the nucleus and remove it from the cell.

4. Insert donor nucleus
Insert the nucleus, with its complete genetic material, isolated from the donor mammal in Step 1 into the egg cell that has no nuclear material. The egg's genetic material now contains all traits from the donor adult. This egg is genetically identical to the donor adult.

5. Place egg in the womb
Place the egg into a female sheep's womb. Only a small percentage of eggs placed in the womb will start to mature. Those eggs that survive will continue to develop into embryos. The egg matures in the womb. When the offspring is born, it is a clone (genetically identical) of the donor sheep.

So dear Dove, what is cloning? It is, same as unproductive women go for fertility treatment, farmers used to cross-breed plants and animals. So do Scientists become gods? Absolutely NO - They can only become creators if they use their own material and intelligence. If they use the things created by our God Almighty, then they are no gods and creators. It is just like you buy a Mercedes SLK 500 from a manufacturer and then you customize it to your own taste - it will still remain Mercedes SLK 500.

God created Adam from dust and who created dust? - God Almighty - from what? - out of nothing. This is what makes God a creator. Scientists just fertilize eggs out of womb, in controlled conditions and call them clones. If the same eggs are fertilized in the womb, that is known as fertility treatment. It as same as women become surrogate mothers. And a High School science project of growing seeds into plants in a jar bottle.

Does God approve of it?
'You are to keep My statutes. You shall not breed together two kinds of your cattle; you shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor wear a garment upon you of two kinds of material mixed together. (Leviticus 19:19)

God created everything perfect and pleasing to eyes. Who is man, to even think that he can alter the perfect creation of our Heavenly Father?

God saw all that He had made, and it was very good (Genesis 1:31)

God bless all.
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

CLONING - ARE SCIENTITS HAVE BECOME GOD Empty Re: CLONING - ARE SCIENTITS HAVE BECOME GOD

Post  thirsty Fri 14 Dec 2007, 2:14 pm

Thank you all in clearing doubt in my mind. Really this is amazing that how people want to become gods in their own respect. We normally say that scientists are trying to become gods but we following the world try to become gods ourselves in our very small worlds.

God bless all
thirsty
thirsty
Christian Talk Member

Female

Number of posts : 212

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa1880 Fri 14 Dec 2007, 2:21 pm

I had never read on cloning but I thought that it was like creating something but here I learnt that it is an egg fertilized under controlled conditions to produce. So all these scientists are lying by saying that they are creating. After reading the article, I also searched the net and found the info same as posted by you Daniel. Satan really tries hard to deceive us through false teachings. May God save us from satan.

God bless all
lisa1880
lisa1880
Christian Talk Member

Female

Number of posts : 122

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum