Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free to Enjoy God

2 posters

Go down

Free to Enjoy God Empty Free to Enjoy God

Post  lisa1880 Wed 19 Dec 2007, 5:37 pm

Trust in the Lord and do good;
dwell in the land and enjoy safe
pasture.
Delight yourself in the Lord
and He will give you the desires of
your heart.
Commit your way to the Lord;
trust in Him and He will do this: (Psalm 37:3-5)

The gospel writers spoke about children coming to Jesus, giving the impression that the young were very comfortable around Him (Matthew 18:2-3; 19:13-14). Some probably climbed onto His lap, while others perhaps sat at His feet. We can picture them asking Him lots of questions, begging to hear more parables, and whispering secrets in His ear. It isn't surprising that they would gather around Jesus; children can usually sense an adult who loves them dearly.

Contrast this snapshot of Jesus' welcoming, loving nature with the picture some Christians have of God--they see Him as a judgmental taskmaster who motivates by intimidation. While it's true we are to obey His commands, we're also to delight in Him, just as we would enjoy the company of a close friend.

Do you think of God as a stern overlord who weighs good actions against bad? If so, you'll have trouble considering Him a friend. Christians who envision a harsh God devote much time and energy to proving their salvation is deserved. How much better to have a biblically accurate view--namely, that God is sovereign over the universe, but He balances authority with love. He wants His children to relax and enjoy spending time with Him.

Taking pleasure in the Lord requires that we understand His attitude toward us: our Father loves us passionately. He sees past our faults and mistakes to the precious child He created. In fact, He loves us so much that He sent Jesus Christ to save our lives and enable us to be with Him in heaven
lisa1880
lisa1880
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Warning : Free to Enjoy God 110

Back to top Go down

Free to Enjoy God Empty Re: Free to Enjoy God

Post  LivinginChrist Thu 20 Dec 2007, 4:46 am

I liked the article and how you related your thoughts to Psalms. Really I am moved and it really raised some thoughts in my mind too. God bless you for the article.

In Christ
LivinginChrist
LivinginChrist
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Warning : Free to Enjoy God 110

Back to top Go down