Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Understanding the Born Again Process

Go down

Understanding the Born Again Process Empty Understanding the Born Again Process

Post  dove Thu 03 Jan 2008, 3:02 pm

What does it mean to be 'Born Again'?

First, you hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ!

What is the Gospel???

It's the good news that even though you are a sinner on your way to hell, Jesus Christ, the Son of God, took the judgment of your sin upon Himself and died in your place, then rose from the dead three days later so that you can receive His righteousness and live with Him forever in complete victory.

That's the Gospel in a nutshell!

You hear it and when you do, God grants you the grace to receive it! You receive it and it becomes a seed planted in your spirit.

That seed is the word you heard.

The seed contains the very nature of God. You cannot separate God from His Word, He and His Word are one. They are the same in nature. The bible says, "...The word was God" John 1:1!

So, the nature of God in the form of a seed is planted in your spirit!

Now, God gives you the faith to act upon that seed.

You act in agreement with Him by confessing out of your mouth the very thing He promised to do, with a total submission of your will to His!

This is the application of your faith! Your confession (prayer) might go like this:

Prayer of Salvation:

Lord Jesus, you said in Revelation 3:20 that you're standing outside the door of my heart, my life, and knocking for me to let you in. I now make a decision to open the door of my heart, my life and let you in. Please come in Lord Jesus, forgive me and cleanse me from all my sin and make me a child of God! I am sorry for every sin that I have ever committed. I believe in you and accept you alone as my Lord and Savior! Amen!

When you say these words from your heart totally believing they are true, it acts as a catalyst, germinating the God-Seed and releasing the life of God within you.

This process is such that the faith you apply acts on the God-Seed cracking it open, allowing the life of God to flow out into your spirit. It's just as if you planted a grain of corn into the ground. The heat and moisture of the earth creates an environment that causes the corn seed to burst open releasing the life of the corn within.

In this case your spirit is the earth and your faith and words are the heat and moisture that creates the environment for the God-Seed to burst open releasing the life of God within you.

As this new life flows out, it completely pervades and engulfs your spirit transforming it. Where there was death there's now life. Where there was old there's now new. "...When this has taken place, then that which was said in the Writings will come true, Death is overcome by life," 1Co 15:54. (BBE)

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new," 2Co 5:17.

Your old spirit dies and your new spirit lives!

Now, the life of God is synonymous with the nature of God, so as His life flows into you His nature is released. Receiving the life of God is, therefore, receiving the nature of God!

Therefore, you now have a new nature. "...He has given to us the greatest and precious promises, that through these ye may become partakers of [the] divine nature," 2 Pet 1:4 (Darby)

The nature of God is Holiness, which means to be unique, other than everything else, sanctified, consecrated and set a part as extremely special. This is what God is and this is what you have become when you share in His nature.

You have become a different type of human!

You are unique, different, changed from natural to spiritual, from death to life... You are Born Again!
Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com
dove
dove
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 246
Marital Status : Still Looking
Registration date : 2007-07-09

Warning : Understanding the Born Again Process 110

Back to top Go down