Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How did God populate the Earth? (Part I)

Go down

How did God populate the Earth? (Part I) Empty How did God populate the Earth? (Part I)

Post  dove Wed 06 Feb 2008, 2:19 pm

Incest vs. His ability to create at will!

In Genesis 4:14, we have Cain pleading his case before God it reads, "Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me". To better understand the verse above, we must first obtain the definition of the two highlighted words in their Hebrew-Aramaic meaning. Both words have the same number. Hebrew-Aramaic Strong's no. #3605: continually, every man, providence, whatsoever, all things, every city, throughout, all generations, everlasting, every one, and totality just to mention some.

As I researched for my study regarding the controversy of incest vs. God's ability to create at will, I came across a concept of a Pre-Adamic race existing. Right now, I would like to give mention to Calvinist Theologian Isaac de La Peyrère hypothesis.

Hypothesis according to Isaac de La Peyrère:

The hypothesis as it was proposed by Isaac de La Peyrère, and the form which it takes in the "Gap Theory" (also known as the Ruin-Reconstruction interpretation). According to La Peyrère, God created the Gentiles on the sixth day when He said, "Let us make man in our image" (Genesis 1:26). He did not create the Jews until after the seventh day, His day of rest. At some point after the seventh day, God created Adam, the father of the Jews. La Peyrère cited Scripture to support his hypothesis. Cain's fear of being lynched, his marriage to an unknown woman and the fact that he founded a city (Genesis 4:14-17) are all interpreted as evidence that another race of men coexisted with Adam and his family).

To continue, Adam was 126 years at the time that Cain killed Abel. Adam had Seth at 130. How do we know this? It's referenced in The Dead Sea Scrolls within the Book of Jubilee. As referenced on page 322, "And Adam and his wife mourned four weeks for Abel. And in the fourth year of the fifth week they rejoiced. And Adam knew his wife once again and she bore him a son, he named him Seth for he said, "The LORD has granted us another child on the earth in place of Abel since Cain killed him" Also, the bible states Adam's age and is referenced in Genesis 5:3 "And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, and after his image; and called his name Seth". We also know that Adam had other sons and daughters according to Genesis 5:4 it reads, "And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters". Within The Dead Sea Scrolls referenced in the Book of Jubilee, it mentions the name of two daughters had by Adam and Eve. As referenced on page 322 within the Dead Sea Scrolls, "In the sixth week he fathered Azura his daughter. And Cain took his sister Awan as his wife, and she bore him Enoch at the end of the fourth jubilee". By the age of 130, Adam could have had grandkids and great-grandkids by the time that Cain killed Abel by sons and daughters not accounted for within the Word. Cain would have had plenty of family members to be afraid of after killing his brother hence his statement made in Genesis 4:14.

Referenced in The Dead Sea Scrolls within the Book of Jubilee, it specifies "and she bore nine more children". Whereas, the Word states in the King James Version "and he begat sons and daughters"! Now during my research, I could only account for these children had by Adam and Eve; Cain, Abel, and Seth listed in (KJV). Also, the daughters, Azura and Awan listed in (TBJ). Which is, a total of 5 children had by Adam and Eve and the rest unaccounted for. Because of Genesis 4:14, I begin to ponder thoughts of people coexisting with Adam's family. Why would Cain make such a statement? It is clearly written for all eyes to see that only Adam, Eve, Cain, Able, then, Seth existed according to KJV or so it seemed.

Now, in order to have an idea of how old Cain was when he had Encoh, I will have to use guess-ti-mation. I will look at two words taken from The Dead Sea Scrolls referenced in the Book of Jubilee. Those two words are, "fourth and jubilee". In order to understand jubilee first read this. "The jubilee year some ancient sources tend to indicate that the late Second-Temple practice of observing 7th years sprang from an earlier practice of celebrating a 50-year cycle. It seems that after 7 sets of Sabbatical years had been celebrated, each 50th year (called the jubilee) was celebrated. The more primal practice of celebrating 7 sets of 7 years and a jubilee year is even described in biblical text--as follows "Six years thou shalt sow thy field, and six years thou shalt prune thy vineyard, and gather in the fruit thereof; But in the seventh year shall be a sabbath of rest unto the land...That which groweth of its own accord of thy harvest thou shalt not reap, neither gather the grapes of thy vine undressed: for it is a year of rest unto the land... And thou shalt number seven sabbaths of years unto thee, seven times seven years; and the space of the seven sabbaths of years shall be unto thee forty and nine years. Then shalt thou cause the trumpet of the jubile to sound ... And ye shall hallow the fiftieth year, and proclaim liberty throughout all the land... A jubile shall that fiftieth year be unto you: ye shall not sow, neither reap that which groweth of itself in it, nor gather the grapes in it of thy vine undressed. For it is the jubile; it shall be holy unto you: ye shall eat the increase thereof out of the field". (from Leviticus, Chapter 25: 3-12 - English language translation based upon the KJV).

Guess-ti-mation!

Let's see! We know that 7 sets times 7 years equal 49 plus one equals to a Jubilee celebration (50th year). Verse reminder from the book of jubilee, "And Cain took his sister Awan as his wife, and she bore him Enoch at the end of the fourth jubilee." So, our pretend guess-ti-mation would go like this; 49 1=Jubilee, 49 1=Jubilee, 49 1=Jubilee, 49 1= a jubilee (note: fourth Jubilee Enoch was born) which means 50x4=200 years gone by. Now this is a guess-ti-mation using the jubilee celebration to account for years gone by. Please realize, by me even using the jubilee celebration is not accurate because we have no starting ages i.e. what age Cain was banished from the garden or, the age Cain met his wife. Again, the guess-ti-mation is wrong! But, what this does allow is for us to see is that generations of children could have born in order to create or establish a city as referenced in Genesis 4:17. From the Book of Jubilee, "And in the first year of the first week of the fifth jubilee houses, were built on the earth. And Cain built a city and named it after his son Enoch..." Again, we see the word jubilee. This time, it's the fifth jubilee! This meant another 7sets of 7 years would have passed in order for it to be the fifth jubilee-the year when Cain built a city in name of his son, Enoch. Please remember, this is a guess-ti-mation. This allows for us to see how much time has gone by. Why? In order to place a mental picture into the minds of those reading!

Let me elaborate on Genesis 4:17 "And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch". The Word goes directly into "and he builded a city" after the birth of Enoch. Again, people speculate because of this statement that God had already populated the earth (creating people because of His ability to do so).

Hopefully, I haven't lost you yet? If not, let's continue shall we? Good! I know that we have an awesome God. I know that He can do ALL things. I know that God could have populated the earth with as many people as He wanted to-if, He desired to do so. What we must come to realize is this, even though God had the ability to create people at will-He didn't! Alone that would have been awesome. Yet, as I am writing, I was giving this.

From one man and woman, comes a generation! Generation after generation and after generation to populate the earth over time-God allowed. Generations have come and gone! Suddenly, the earth was destroyed by a flood. Only eight living souls (human beings) along with the animals God commanded Noah to place on the ark survived. Everything else died according to the Word. Genesis 7:21-23 Genesis 7:21-23 "And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man: 22All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died. 23And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark".

Also, another scripture was giving to me by a close friend was Acts 17:26 it reads, "And He made from one [common origin, one source, one blood] all nations of men to settle on the face of the earth, having definitely determined [their] allotted periods of time and the fixed boundaries of their habitation (their settlements, lands, and abodes)."AMP version

What people refuse to believe is the outcome of what God intended by allowing people to populate the earth themselves! NO, I'm not taking away from God's awesomeness by saying what He allowed man to do. Nor, am I saying that He didn't have the ability to create at will the diversity we have today amongst us! It is my opinion, that we're missing out on the overall complexity of our beginning. Also, the bigger miracle that God performed that we just fail to see!
dove
dove
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 246
Marital Status : Still Looking
Registration date : 2007-07-09
Country : How did God populate the Earth? (Part I) RedCross-1

Warning : How did God populate the Earth? (Part I) 110

Back to top Go down