Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Unbelief among the believers

Go down

The Unbelief among the believers Empty The Unbelief among the believers

Post  Waqar Daniel Tue 26 Feb 2008, 2:05 am

However, when Son of Man comes, will He find faith on earth? (Luke 18:8)

The statistics and evidence today shows an amazing picture to Jesus' question.

It there is very little faith in the body of believers today because one of the great sins in the church today is the sin of prayerlessness. A recent study of believing Christians revealed that an average male Christian prays on average only 7 minutes a week!

Out of the 10,080 minutes in a week, the average Christian man prays 7 minutes. No wonder there is so much “unbelief,” in the body of believers today.

Is it any wonder that if you are married and go to church you have a 50% chance you will get divorced? Yet, further surveys show a husband who prays daily with his wife and reads the word together with her has a 1 in 10,000 chance of getting divorced.

Is it any wonder the church today looks like, smells like, and acts like the world?

Is it any wonder that the church today has so many programs and plans for its purpose driven existence; yet while being purpose driven, how few are Spirit led. Jesus was never purpose driven, He was always Spirit led and Spirit filled. He only did the will of His father not the will of man. This was only possible by having an intimate personal relationship with the Father.

What would your answer be to Jesus question, “When the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?

Why did Jesus ask this question? He asked it because He knew that deception, unbelief, hardness of heart, and no fear for the living God would be the order of the day when He returned!

Jesus understood that when man loses his fear of the living God that he also would lose his fear of sin and thus believe there would be little need for prayer. Where there is little prayer there can be no intimacy with God, and without intimacy with God it is impossible to stand in His presence, to be filled with His Holy Spirit power, to hear His voice, to know His will, and to be obedient to what He is calling you to do.

Jesus knew when He returned there He would find little faith on the earth.

What is real faith?

“Without weakening in his faith, he faced the fact that his body was as good as dead—since he was about a hundred years old—and that Sarah's womb was also dead. Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised.” Romans 4:19-21

Here is a true example of faith in action in the life of Abraham. Abraham was a man who exercised His faith and believed God had the power to do what he had promised. Do you have the faith of Abraham?

Why are so many people who call themselves Christians today not persuaded that God has the power to do what He promised? Ask yourself this question; “Do I really believe that God has the power to do what He promised?”

If you really believe God is who He says He is, and can do what He promised, you would desire to spend time with Him in order to have intimacy with Him. There is only one way to have intimacy with God and that is to spend time with Him in His word and in prayer.

7 minutes a week with God in His word and in prayer means you have chosen to spend 10,000 minutes in the world, and 7 minutes with the God of the universe.

Many say “I am too busy to pray and read God’s word.” What will you say to the God of the universe when you stand before Him and He asks you, “Why didn’t you choose to spend time with Me the one who created you? Why did you prefer the things of the world rather than an intimate relationship with Me?

Paul said, “Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves that Jesus Christ is in you? – unless you are disqualified. But I trust you will know that we are not disqualified.” 2 Corinthians 13:5-6

Have the courage to do as Paul commanded, “Test yourself!” Ask the Lord to reveal to you the true condition of your faith. We pray you will not be disqualified.

Do you believe what Jesus said to about faith?

Jesus answered saying to them, "Have faith in God. Truly I say to you…. …whosoever…. does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.” Mark 11:22-23

The first thing Jesus said to His disciples in this discourse was, “Have faith in God.”

Faith in God must precede the faith that God will always answer our prayers. Faith is built by having fellowship and an intimate relationship with God. Our power to believe the promises of God depends entirely on our faith and relationship with the promiser and author of our faith. Faith must embrace fellowship with God.

Like Jesus, the one who knows the Father and lives in constant close communication with Him will experience God, believe His promises, and be a living example to a faithless world.

So many people today do not understand the direct connection between living a life of faith and a life of praying and believing in the power of God to do what He has promised. This is why so many people have a limited experience in the power of prayer and experiencing God in their lives.

So what is the cure for feeble faith?

The cure for feeble faith is the complete restoration of your spiritual life through intimate communication with God in prayer and reading of His word. Just as Jesus said to His disciples, “have faith in God,” so you will believe the promises of God; you will reach out and take hold of God, and surrender your life to Him.

Remember, whoever knows God and trusts God will find it easy to trust in His eternal promises. Always remember, faith in God will increase your faith in His promises, including an answer to your prayers. Take time today to bow before Him, and wait for Him to reveal Himself to you.

Have faith in God!

“I am your God: I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10

Information Source: "Watchmen on the Walls"
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Warning : The Unbelief among the believers 110