Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Provision in the Vision Part2

2 posters

Go down

Provision in the Vision Part2 Empty Provision in the Vision Part2

Post  Fenny West Sat 21 Feb 2009, 12:32 am

God will Provide

Abraham and God's Provision

Now it came to pass after these things that God tested Abraham, and said to him, “Abraham!”
And he said, “Here I am.”
2 Then He said, “Take now your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains of which I shall tell you.”
3 So Abraham rose early in the morning and saddled his donkey, and took two of his young men with him, and Isaac his son; and he split the wood for the burnt offering, and arose and went to the place of which God had told him. 4 Then on the third day Abraham lifted his eyes and saw the place afar off. 5 And Abraham said to his young men, “Stay here with the donkey; the lad and I will go yonder and worship, and we will come back to you.”
6 So Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering and laid it on Isaac his son; and he took the fire in his hand, and a knife, and the two of them went together. 7 But Isaac spoke to Abraham his father and said, “My father!”
And he said, “Here I am, my son.”
Then he said, “Look, the fire and the wood, but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?”
8 And Abraham said, “My son, God will provide for Himself the lamb for a burnt offering.” So the two of them went together.
9 Then they came to the place of which God had told him. And Abraham built an altar there and placed the wood in order; and he bound Isaac his son and laid him on the altar, upon the wood. 10 And Abraham stretched out his hand and took the knife to slay his son.
11 But the Angel of the LORD called to him from heaven and said, “Abraham, Abraham!”
So he said, “Here I am.”
12 And He said, “Do not lay your hand on the lad, or do anything to him; for now I know that you fear God, since you have not withheld your son, your only son, from Me.”
13 Then Abraham lifted his eyes and looked, and there behind him was a ram caught in a thicket by its horns. So Abraham went and took the ram, and offered it up for a burnt offering instead of his son. 14 And Abraham called the name of the place, The-LORD-Will-Provide; as it is said to this day, “In the Mount of the LORD it shall be provided.”
When Abraham stepped out in obedience to God after hearing from Him, God provided a sacrifice in place of Isaac. As He followed the vision, regardless of how tough it was God, God made a way where there was no way.

The children of Israel were on their way to the promised Land- God’s vision for them. They came face to face with the red sea. That was the obstacle. Besides, behind them were the Egyptians. That was the threat of the enemy. They murmured and cried out to Moses, even contemplating stoning him. Moses went to God and God commanded Him to use what he had- his rod; his gift, the symbol of his authority. It was as it were, God asked Moses: What do you have in your hand?

Moses: A stick!

God: Use it!

And when Moses used it, yet relying on God, the Red sea was parted and they walked on dry ground.
8And the LORD hardened the heart of Pharaoh king of Egypt, and he pursued the children of Israel; and the children of Israel went out with boldness. 9 So the Egyptians pursued them, all the horses and chariots of Pharaoh, his horsemen and his army, and overtook them camping by the sea beside Pi Hahiroth, before Baal Zemphon.
10 And when Pharaoh drew near, the children of Israel lifted their eyes, and behold, the Egyptians marched after them. So they were very afraid, and the children of Israel cried out to the LORD. 11 Then they said to Moses, “Because there were no graves in Egypt, have you taken us away to die in the wilderness? Why have you so dealt with us, to bring us up out of Egypt? 12 Is this not the word that we told you in Egypt, saying, ‘Let us alone that we may serve the Egyptians’? For it would have been better for us to serve the Egyptians than that we should die in the wilderness.”
13 And Moses said to the people, “Do not be afraid. Stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which He will accomplish for you today. For the Egyptians whom you see today, you shall see again no more forever. 14 The LORD will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace.”
15 And the LORD said to Moses, “Why do you cry to Me? Tell the children of Israel to go forward. 16 But lift up your rod, and stretch out your hand over the sea and divide it. And the children of Israel shall go on dry ground through the midst of the sea. 17 And I indeed will harden the hearts of the Egyptians, and they shall follow them. So I will gain honor over Pharaoh and over all his army, his chariots, and his horsemen. 18 Then the Egyptians shall know that I am the LORD, when I have gained honor for Myself over Pharaoh, his chariots, and his horsemen.” Ex14:8-18

Similarly you and I have something in us. God did not create any of us empty. We all have a divine deposit, waiting to be unveiled, discovered, developed and deployed. And when we operate at our best in that God-given sphere, there is no doubt that God will use it to provide for us. Your present pain may be GOd's opportunity to push your out of your comfort zone into your prepared place of blessing. Flow with the Holy Spirit. Ask Him what He is trying to tell you or show you.
21 Then Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the LORD caused the sea to go back by a strong east wind all that night, and made the sea into dry land, and the waters were divided. 22 So the children of Israel went into the midst of the sea on the dry ground, and the waters were a wall to them on their right hand and on their left. Ex14:21-22

Even if ‘Pharaoh' pursues you as you proceed to your Promised Land, God’s word will prevail. Stand to see ypur salvation!
Fenny West
Fenny West
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 1091
Profession : Writer/Teacher/singer/composer
Hobbies : Music
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Warning : Provision in the Vision Part2 110

http://inspiration4generations.com

Back to top Go down

Provision in the Vision Part2 Empty Re: Provision in the Vision Part2

Post  Waqar Daniel Sat 21 Feb 2009, 7:52 am

[justify]I agree that Even if ‘Pharaoh' pursues you as you proceed to your Promised Land, God’s word will prevail. Stand to see your salvation! God did not just put us here to fill the land but we all have an objective to achieve. Jacob while talking to Pharaoh gave us an insight on our purpose;
And Jacob said to the Pharaoh, "The years of my pilgrimage are a hundred and thirty. My years have been few and difficult and they do not equal the years of the pilgrimage of my fathers" (Genesis 47:9-10)
Jacob calls our days on earth as "Holy Journey" and no journey can be taken if we are not serious, have not planned about it and if there is no destination. If we do that, we are lost and ultimately die as no help can reach us.
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Warning : Provision in the Vision Part2 110

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com