Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KNOW THE ENEMY!

Go down

KNOW THE ENEMY! Empty KNOW THE ENEMY!

Post  Waqar Daniel Wed 27 Jun 2007, 6:12 pm

"Because He Himself suffered when He was tempted, He is able to help those who are being tempted. [Hebrews 2:18]

This article is not on how to fight the enemy physically, rather to know the enemy and answer the enemy the Jesus way. As a child, in college, University and in my professional life, I have always been asked if Jesus is God or Son of God, why could He not save Himself from crucifixion or how can Jesus be a Son of God when God has no wife or how can He be Messiah? The question is same, asked in many ways, "Is Jesus Son of God?"

As a child I also thought that if Jesus is Son of God, then, why did He not save Himself from going through humiliation, suffering, pain and death. As a child I also asked these questions to myself. I was forced to ponder on this issue by my teachers mostly, because as a student of middle school and sitting among 25 non-Christian students, it was quite an embarassing situation when a teacher in front of the whole class asks you about Jesus and the reason for your faith in Jesus and then the whole class laughs with the teacher and makes fun of you.

Then one day as reading the Gospels and led by the understnding, wisdom and knowledge of Heavenly Father, I came across all the questions Jesus faced while He was on earth. I was amazed to see that we face the same questions Jesus faced and I realized why people asked or ask me all these questions and which force is behind them. It does not matter, whether non-Christians asked me these questions or Christians, the question is, who is behind all these questions? Why movies are made to show that Jesus is fake and why books are written against Jesus? Why some people believe that Jesus did not suffer as He was not in the body during His trial and crucifixion? Why people go beyond what is written? Why do people spend so much time and money in disapproving Jesus?

Now when we read the Gospels, we get an insight, how to deal with these questions and how to stay on the path which leads to salvation. I have seen many people when faced with such kind of questions lose faith or make up blasphemous theories which are totally against the principles of Bible. I read an article recently where the author went out of the way to prove that Jesus was not in body during His trial and crucifixion. She made up the whole story through guess work and never consulted the Bible. Then I found many people supporting her and some people writing against her. Anyhow, Jesus is our role-model and we should always refer to Him in time of need. How can we consult Jesus? - It is by reading the Word of God, the Bible.

The tempter (satan) comes to Him and said, "If you are the son of God, tell these stones to become bread." Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes out of the mouth of God" [Mathew 4:3-4]

Here satan tried to test the faith of Jesus and Jesus clearly told satan what is written in the Word of God. So to counter satan as followers of Jesus, we must read, study and understand the Word of God with the help of Holy Spirit. Jesus could have rebuked the devil there, but Jesus is so kind, that He taught us how to answer satan.

Jesus said "It is written..." Now if we do not read Bible, then how will we be able to answer the tempter when we do not know the Word of God? Always remember, using deception is basically using some truth covered with lies. This is the way of satan to drift people away from the truth.

"If you are the Son of God," he said, "throw yourself down for it is written: He will command his angels concerning you, and they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone." Jesus answered him, "It is also written: 'Do not put your Lord your God to the test." [Mathew 4:6-7]

Many Christians and non-Christians these days very enthusiastically mis-quote verses from the Bible just as the devil did 2000 years ago to Jesus to put us off the track. Even movies are made and books are written to defy God and His authority using the stories of the Bible. Many people cover up their sins by mis-quoting the verses from the Bible. Many people try to confuse people by mis-quoting Bible out of context and people fall prey to such deceptive people as they never open up the Bible and never read it. Jesus here showed us that if we know the Word of God, we can surely put the verse in the correct context.

Now during Jesus' trial, Pontious Pilate gave the Jews a choice, whether to release a notorious prisoner, Barrabas or Jesus. [Mathew 27:15-26] Like today's many people and like Jews of the time, people always pick notorious prisoner Barabbas over Jesus. The question is when people pick Barrabas over Jesus? When tempted by sex, hunger, power and authority, situations, or any other thing, people in general, refuse to follow God and pick dangerous and notorious satan over Jesus and His commands.

People without faith and people without knowledge always select Barabbas and cry out loud "crucify Jesus". How sad it is for them. Although these people falsely put Jesus to crucifixion, Jesus always showers His love over them by saying "Father forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing."

Our response to any new theory like Da Vincci Code, Gospel of Judas, and many others alledged philosophies, should always be the reply of Jesus to satan, "Away from me satan! For it is written:' Worship the Lord your God and serve Him only.'"

We must remember and be aware of, while reading an article, watching a documentary, reading a book, listening to sermons, using logic, watching movies and using any other mode of information on Bible or Jesus that "See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which is based on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ" [Colossians 2:8]

Now once we have overcome satan by holding on to the Word of God, and by looking at Jesus Christ, devil will surely leave us and angels will come and attend us.[color=blue] [Mathew 4:10-11]

The whole point here is that it is always satan, who questions the authority of Jesus Christ, Son of God as Lord and Savior. Likewise, many try to do the same and try to confuse us. What we have to do is to read the Bible and look at Jesus' life as role-model.

"Watch your life and DOCTRINE closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers" [1 Timothy 4:16]

Therefore, whatever satan and his followers throw at us, how good movies they make, how great books they write and whatever philosophy they teach, Jesus will always remain Son of God because all this we come to know that people who challenge Jesus as Son of God in any way are followers of satan. So whenever we counter a question regarding Son of God, or any other, where Bible is mis-quoted, we should always understand that satan is up against us and is trying to deceive us.

I pray to Father that "Satan might not outwit us. For we are not aware of his scheme" [2 Cor 2:11] and keep us safe from moral decay, in Jesus name. AMEN

In our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ

Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25