Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winning Way

Go down

Winning Way Empty Winning Way

Post  fennywest Fri 02 Apr 2010, 10:40 am

1Co:9:19: For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.

1Co:9:20: And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;

1Co:9:21: To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.

1Co:9:22: To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.

1Co:9:23: And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you.

1Co:9:24: Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.

1Co:9:25: And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.

1Co:9:26: I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:

1Co:9:27: But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Paul was sold to winning souls, flexible in God’s hands, knowing that he was a co-labourer with God; being as Jew among the Jews and as one under the law when he met those under the law. He had found bread and wanted to share it with others.

The question is am I so passionate for lost souls? Are you so passionate for those sitting in darkness, those feeding on the dry bones of religion of dos and don’ts?

Paul was also mindful of how he ran the Christian race. He disciplined himself, went under strict training, put his flesh in subjection to his spirit. He fed his spirit and starved the flesh. He looked for opportunities to witness ad made the best of them. He redeemed the time. He was focused, had a target and would not shadow-box- beating the air- he would not compromise even whilst being flexible. He had a drive and refused to be distracted by those who stood by or even cheered as spectators.

Why? He did to want to be a cast away after preaching to others. What an attitude to soul winning!

Questions to jog your memory

Who are the characters in this passage?

Explain

What is your evidence?

What is the main theme in this passage?

What other themes do we have?

Explain and give your evidence?

What imageries has Paul used in his analogy?

How does the passage apply to you?

What lessons have you learnt from the passage?

What would you do as a result of reading the passage?

What would you stop doing as a result of reading the passage?

Let us pray:

Father I thank you for your word which is spirit and life, dynamic, powerful, sharper than any two-edged sword, a light to our path and a lamp to pour feet.

Open my eyes to see how passionate you are for lost souls and may I take up the mantle of a soul-winner and share the bread that I have found.

Teach me, Lord to be sensitive to your Holy Spirit and open my mouth assured that you will fill it with divine counsel that will charge and challenge the unbeliever to respond to the finished work on Calvary’s Cross.

Help me Lord even to witness, noyt just with my mouth but also with my life.

O that I will discipline myself, strictly training like good athletes do as to run my race well with excellence. O that I will not be distracted by accolades or acknowledgements in my race of Grace. Help me to always look to Jesus – the Author and Finisher of my faith, so that I will not be cast away after preaching to others, in Jesus’ name.

fennywest
fennywest
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : Amused
Male

Number of posts : 1725
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2009-10-19

Warning : Winning Way 110

http://www.inspiration4generations.com

Back to top Go down