Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Love is From Above

2 posters

Go down

Love is From Above Empty Love is From Above

Post  fennywest Fri 13 Aug 2010, 10:27 am

Love is from above

It is straight from God
Who showed us His love
By sending the Word

That Word was Jesus
Who laid down His life
Dying on the Cross
To Give us New Life

A great sacrifice
He made for us all
His Blood was the price
Shed for great and small

Is there greater love?
So we must all come
And accept His love
Let His Kingdom come.

Live for Him each day
Love one another
Let Him show the way
to love each other.

Love cast away fear
There’s no fear in love
Because He is near
Teaching us to love.

1 John 4:7-5:1 (New International Version)

God's Love and Ours

7Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 10This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 11Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

13We know that we live in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit. 14And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. 15If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in him and he in God. 16And so we know and rely on the love God has for us.
God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him.
17In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment, because in this world we are like him. 18There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

19We love because he first loved us. 20If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen. 21And he has given us this command: Whoever loves God must also love his brother.
1 John 5

Faith in the Son of God

1Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well.

This is an apostle transformed by His association with Jesus. It would be recalled that he is one on the sons of thunder, one of the two disciples who wanted fire to be called down from heaven to consume those who opposed the Gospel in the time of Jesus. Here we see his complete change beyond measure into an apostle of love. Notice how many times love is mentioned in this passage. He is not just a teacher of the New Way- love but a champion of it.

God loved us and demonstrated that love by sending his beloved Son. We love him because He first loved us and sacrifice His life for us. He died to give us life. He died to buy us back from the slave market of sin. And so those who love have known Him and those who do not love do not know Him.

He enjoins us to love one another as God loves us and demonstrated that love. If we say we love God whom we have not seen then we ought to love those we see daily without fear of disappointment, without fear of being hurt because perfect love casts away all fear. There is nm fear in love. Love conquers all fear, foreboding, trepidation. Love is confidently assured of ultimate victory, because love is the greatest.

Lord, I thank You for shedding abroad your love in my heart. For the heart of stone, You have given me a heart of flesh to be sensitive to Your Spirit to live a life of love.

O that I will imitate You and live to love, make sacrifices, live to serve rather than being served.

May my life sing Your praise, all the days of my life. May I thinks of what I can give and leave for posterity rather than what I can get for myself.

Help me, Lord, to pour my life for others; to be a bridge that others can climb to You.

Live Your life of Love through me, Lord. May it be more of You an less of me. Increase in me that I may decrease. Use my hands as an extension of Your hands. Let Your compassion ooze, flow like a mighty river through this vessel of clay, in Jesus’ name

[/size]
fennywest
fennywest
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : Amused
Male

Number of posts : 1725
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2009-10-19

Warning : Love is From Above 110

http://www.inspiration4generations.com

Back to top Go down

Love is From Above Empty Re: Love is From Above

Post  WARRIOR Fri 13 Aug 2010, 5:03 pm

Isn't that the truth!! Love is from above because mankind
can't love without it. Amen!! Blessings.
WARRIOR
WARRIOR
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 931
Profession : Administrative Cust Svc
Hobbies : Quilting , ride bicycle, hiking, writing.
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2010-03-30

Warning : Love is From Above 110

http://anne-thewindwhispers.blogspot.com/2010_08_01_archive.html

Back to top Go down