Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happiness of Saints in This Life

Go down

Happiness of Saints in This Life Empty Happiness of Saints in This Life

Post  Waqar Daniel Sat 26 Mar 2011, 7:08 pm

Happiness of Saints in This Life

• Is in God.
    Psalms 73:25-26 Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.
  • Only found in the ways of wisdom.
    Proverbs 3:17-18 Her ways are ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace. She is a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her: and happy is every one that retaineth her.
  • Described by Christ in the beatitudes.
    Matthew 5:3-12 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. ...
  • IS DERIVED FROM
    • Fear of God.
      Psalms 128:1-2 Blessed is every one that feareth the LORD; that walketh in his ways. For thou shalt eat the labour of thine hands: happy shalt thou be, and it shall be well with thee.
    • Trust in God.
      Proverbs 16:20 He that handleth a matter wisely shall find good: and whoso trusteth in the LORD, happy is he.

Philippians 4:6-7 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
    • The words of Christ.
      John 17:13 And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.
    • Obedience to God.
      Psalms 40:8 I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.

John 13:17 If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them.
    • Salvation.
      Deuteronomy 33:29 Happy art thou, O Israel: who is like unto thee, O people saved by the LORD, the shield of thy help, and who is the sword of thy excellency! and thine enemies shall be found liars unto thee; and thou shalt tread upon their high places.

Isaiah 12:2-3 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation. Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.
    • Hope in the Lord.
      Psalms 146:5 Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the LORD his God:
    • Hope of glory.
      Romans 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
    • God being their Lord.
      Psalms 144:15 Happy is that people, that is in such a case: yea, happy is that people, whose God is the LORD.
    • God being their help.
      Psalms 146:5 Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the LORD his God:
    • Praising God.
      Psalms 135:3 Praise the LORD; for the LORD is good: sing praises unto his name; for it is pleasant.
    • Their mutual love.
      Psalms 133:1 Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!
    • Divine chastening.
      Job 5:17 Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty:

James 5:11 Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.
    • Suffering for Christ.
      2 Corinthians 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

1 Peter 3:14 But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;

1 Peter 4:13-14 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy. If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.
    • Having mercy on the poor.
      Proverbs 14:21 He that despiseth his neighbour sinneth: but he that hath mercy on the poor, happy is he.
    • Finding wisdom.
      Proverbs 3:13 Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.

• Is abundant and satisfying.
    Psalms 36:8 They shall be abundantly satisfied with the fatness of thy house; and thou shalt make them drink of the river of thy pleasures.

Psalms 63:5 My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips:
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Warning : Happiness of Saints in This Life 110

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com