Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Learning a Lesson from Ants

2 posters

Go down

Learning a Lesson from Ants Empty Learning a Lesson from Ants

Post  fennywest Fri 06 May 2011, 6:16 pm

Learning a Lesson from Ants
Small, feeble with no leader
Yet in symphony, at work adamant
Diligent, no creature works harder.

Focused, cooperative everyday
Keeping rank as one man, gathering in summer
In preparation for the rainy day
Hoarding, making provision for winter.

Open my eyes, O Lord, my God
O that I will learn from these creepy creatures;
Applying diligence, excellence to your word
And in all my work, find pleasure.

Heavenly Father I thank you for your word which is true- challenging, charging and changing. It says he who does not work should not eat and that whatever my hands find to do be done diligently. Whatever you do, do it heartily unto the Lord. You have called us to be co-workers with you. You have called us, created us for good works which you have foreordained for us.
May I find fulfilment in my work and do it to your glory and your praise. It was you who said ‘seest thou a man who is diligent in his work. He shall stand among kings and not and not before mere men.
May I be distinguished in the work I do for good reasons.
May I learn to have an excellent spirit like Daniel and Joseph of old.
May I be a salt of the earth, a City on a hill and a light of the world in my works be it preaching writing, singing , playing musical instruments, caring, counselling, communicating, contributing, creating and motivating,
May your spirit challenge me to rise to an new level in my productivity and professionalism so that men will see my good works and glorify my Father in heaven

Proverbs 6:6-11 (New King James Version)
The Folly of Indolence
6 Go to the ant, you sluggard!
Consider her ways and be wise,
7 Which, having no captain,
Overseer or ruler,
8 Provides her supplies in the summer,
And gathers her food in the harvest.
9 How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
When will you rise from your sleep?
10 A little sleep, a little slumber,
A little folding of the hands to sleep—
11 So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler,
And your need like an armed man.
Do you see a man who excels in his work? He will stand before kings; He will not stand before unknown men. Prov22:29
The hand of the diligent will rule, But the lazy man will be put to forced labor. Prov24:12
The soul of a lazy man desires, and has nothing; But the soul of the diligent shall be made rich. Prov.13:4
Be diligent to know the state of your flocks, And attend to your herds; Prov27:23
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt Prov,12:27
Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress. 1Tim4:15
The men in charge of the work were diligent, and the repairs progressed under them. They rebuilt the temple of God according to its original design and reinforced it. 2Chro24:13
Therefore, brothers, be all the more diligent to make your calling and election sure, for if you practice these qualities you will never fall. 2Pet1:10
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.2Tim2:15

If anyone speaks, let him speak as the oracles of God. If anyone ministers, let him do it as with the ability which God supplies, that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belong the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen. 1Pet4:11
Colossians 3:23 (New King James Version)
23 And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men,
Col3:23
Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
17 And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.
Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, let us prophesy in proportion to our faith; 7 or ministry, let us use it in our ministering; he who teaches, in teaching; 8 he who exhorts, in exhortation; he who gives, with liberality; he who leads, with diligence; he who shows mercy, with cheerfulness.
Rom12:6-8
Then this Daniel distinguished himself above the governors and satraps, because an excellent spirit was in him; and the king gave thought to setting him over the whole realm. Dan6:3

Inasmuch as an excellent spirit, knowledge, understanding, interpreting dreams, solving riddles, and explaining enigmas were found in this Daniel, whom the king named Belteshazzar, now let Daniel be called, and he will give the interpretation.” Dan5:12
And these are the garments which they shall make: a breastplate, an ephod, a robe, a skillfully woven tunic, a turban, and a sash. So they shall make holy garments for Aaron your brother and his sons, that he may minister to Me as priest. Ex28:4
So built we the wall; and all the wall was joined together unto the half thereof: for the people had a mind to work. Neh4:6
Sing to Him a new song;Play skillfully with a shout of joy. Ps33:3

1 Now Joseph had been taken down to Egypt. And Potiphar, an officer of Pharaoh, captain of the guard, an Egyptian, bought him from the Ishmaelites who had taken him down there. 2 The LORD was with Joseph, and he was a successful man; and he was in the house of his master the Egyptian. 3 And his master saw that the LORD was with him and that the LORD made all he did to prosper in his hand. 4 So Joseph found favor in his sight, and served him. Then he made him overseer of his house, and all that he had he put under his authority. 5 So it was, from the time that he had made him overseer of his house and all that he had, that the LORD blessed the Egyptian’s house for Joseph’s sake; and the blessing of the LORD was on all that he had in the house and in the field. 6 Thus he left all that he had in Joseph’s hand, and he did not know what he had except for the bread which he ate. Gen39:1-6
Joshua 1:8 (New King James Version)
8 This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success
Jos1:8
The plans of the diligent lead to profit as surely as haste leads to poverty. Prov21:5NIV
He who has a slack hand becomes poor, But the hand of the diligent makes rich Prov10:4
So I came out to meet you, Diligently to seek your face, And I have found you. Prov7:15
But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. Heb.11:6
fennywest
fennywest
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : Amused
Male

Number of posts : 1725
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2009-10-19

Warning : Learning a Lesson from Ants 110

http://www.inspiration4generations.com

Back to top Go down

Learning a Lesson from Ants Empty Re: Learning a Lesson from Ants

Post  WARRIOR Tue 17 May 2011, 3:55 pm

Fenny, this reminds me of the scripture in Psalms that says let me not have too much that I forget you, let me not have too little that I steal and disgrace you. Let me have just enough that I may trust and rely on you... Beautifully said! Blessings.
WARRIOR
WARRIOR
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 931
Profession : Administrative Cust Svc
Hobbies : Quilting , ride bicycle, hiking, writing.
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2010-03-30

Warning : Learning a Lesson from Ants 110

http://anne-thewindwhispers.blogspot.com/2010_08_01_archive.html

Back to top Go down