Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke 1:24-25

2 posters

Go down

Luke 1:24-25 Empty Luke 1:24-25

Post  clark thompson Fri 14 Mar 2014, 11:39 pm

King James Version (KJV)

24 And after those days his wife Elisabeth conceived, and hid herself five months, saying,

25 Thus hath the Lord dealt with me in the days wherein he looked on me, to take away my reproach among men.

Jubilee Bible 2000 (JUB)

24 And after those days his wife Elisabeth conceived and hid herself five months, saying,

25 Thus hath the Lord dealt with me in the days wherein he looked on me, to take away my reproach among men.

Jubilee Bible 2000 (JUB)
2000, 2001, 2010 by LIFE SENTENCE Publishing

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

24 She became pregnant as the angel had told her husband. She was herself surprised about being pregnant being so old her husband would have tried to tell her the story but being able to speak would have made this hard, the thing she knew was she was pregnant at an old age. She may have hid because of that fact that people would talk.

25 She knew the lord has blessed her by having her get pregnant. Having children were a part of a women’s responsibility. If she did not have a child or more important an heir her husband could divorce her or marry another woman as well who could bare a child. Samuel’s mother wanted to die because she had no child but went to God with her problem and he answered her prayer after she made a vow and then after she lived up to the vow she had other children. Elizabeth would only have John to our knowledge.
clark thompson
clark thompson
Christian Talk Member

Mood : Busy
Male

Number of posts : 143
Marital Status : Still Looking
Registration date : 2013-05-14

Warning : Luke 1:24-25 110

Back to top Go down

Luke 1:24-25 Empty From barrenness to fruitfulness

Post  fennywest Sun 16 Mar 2014, 12:05 am

Often we may find ourselves in the predicament of Elizabeth. We desire to be fruitful but barrenness has a grip on us. Everyone around us is receiving their miracles, being fruitful but it appears we have been forgotten. 

Is that your experience? Have you said like Jacob:

" My way is hidden from the LORD, And my just claim is passed over by my God"?

"The LORD has forsaken me, And my Lord has forgotten me."?

You have prayed and fasted and waited for long and the situation remains the same. and  you wonder, 'Why, Lord? When Lord?

2 Many are they who say of me, " There is no help for him in God." Selah

3 But You, O LORD, are a shield for me, My glory and the One who lifts up my head.

1 How long, O LORD? Will You forget me forever? How long will You hide Your face from me?

2 How long shall I take counsel in my soul, Having sorrow in my heart daily? How long will my enemy be exalted over me?

3 Consider and hear me, O LORD my God; Enlighten my eyes, Lest I sleep the sleep of death;

4 Lest my enemy say, " I have prevailed against him"; Lest those who trouble me rejoice when I am moved.

Then one day there is divine visitation and the Lord turns your captivity.

5 But I have trusted in Your mercy; My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation.

6 I will sing to the LORD, Because He has dealt bountifully with me.

Often you may even give thanks in advance before you see God's intervention and breakthrough. (Phil4:6-7)

So regardless of what you see or the barrier of barrenness that taunts you, do not give up hope. Hope in the God of Hope. Like Abraham, against all hope believe in Hope. Call those things which be not as though they are. God will also remove your reproach like he did that of Elizabeth. It might be as overwhelming as it was for Elizabeth that she had to hide for five months. But you will come out on a rooftop to give your testimony for the world to hear the goodness, power and mercy of God.

Yes, this shall be your testimony:

1 When the LORD brought back the captivity of Zion, We were like those who dream.

2 Then our mouth was filled with laughter, And our tongue with singing. Then they said among the nations, " The LORD has done great things for them."

3 The LORD has done great things for us, And we are glad.

4 Bring back our captivity, O LORD, As the streams in the South.[size=21.33] Ps126:1-4[/size]
[size=21.33]Fenny West[/size]
fennywest
fennywest
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : Amused
Male

Number of posts : 1725
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2009-10-19

Warning : Luke 1:24-25 110

http://www.inspiration4generations.com

Back to top Go down