Page 1 of 1
Many people ask, what proof do we have that Jesus was resurrected and the whole story of resurrection is not a legend spread by the early Christians to silent people about the claim Jesus made in His life on earth.Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead... (1 Peter 1:3)
I believe that Jesus' resurrection from the dead is actually more plausible than any other explanation. Let us examine the evidence:
- Jesus' body was missing. If the Jews could have found it, they could have stilled the preaching of Jesus' resurrection that filled Jerusalem. But they could not.
- The body wasn't stolen. The Romans had no motive. The Jews had no motive. Ah-ha, you say, the disciples stole it. There is the matter of the Roman guards, and the disciples' initial disbelief when the women brought them the news early that Easter morning. This brings me to my third point.
- If the disciples had stolen the body, you wouldn't expect them to risk their lives. People don't die for what they know is not true. But the disciples put their lives on the line, and nearly all were eventually martyred for their faith. They certainly believed it.
- The church mushroomed size in Jerusalem, the very place he was crucified. Followers of Jesus in the city of Jerusalem grew from a few dozen to thousands upon thousands soon after Jesus' resurrection. They believed it was true.
- Contemporary documents refer to the event. Thallus the Samaritan, Suetonius, Tacitus, Pliny contain references to Jesus. Jewish historian Josephus writes about Jesus' crucifixion and resurrection. They knew something had happened.
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the LORD Jesus Christ. (Philemon 1:3)
This topic was begun on the first anniversary of the passing of the second king (of the three in Daniel 11:2) of Persia whose visitation by God to a point of incoherency on February 12, 2009 A.D. marked the beginning of the reckoning of the 16th century prophecy of Centuries IV:95.
- Christian Talk Member
- Mood :
Number of posts : 6
Age : 64
Location : Phoenixville, PA
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2015-06-18
Points : 9228
Reputation : 0
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum